Hempfield man accused of shooting wife Sunday night
A Hempfield man is accused of shooting his wife Sunday night in their home, state police in Greensburg reported.
James and Judy Shirer of 94 Rockwell Drive were arguing inside their home just after 9 p.m. when James Shirer fired a .357 Magnum at close range at his wife, striking her in the shoulder, police said.
Judy Shirer, 58, was taken to UPMC Presbyterian hospital in Pittsburgh by medical helicopter. Police said she was listed in critical condition.
James Shirer, 63, was charged with attempted homicide, aggravated assault, simple assault and reckless endangerment, police said. He was arraigned by Hempfield District Judge Mark Mansur and sent to the Westmoreland County Prison after failing to post $250,000 bond.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Reputed leader of motorcycle gang returned to Pa. to face charges
- Yukon kennel founder jailed for allegedly threatening workers
- Sale date for Monsour Medical Center in Jeannette finalized by court
- Route 30 work near Jeannette starts
- Psychologist to evaluate Greensburg woman involved in Daugherty killing
- Fayette County parents charged with endangering children, cruelty to animals
- Greensburg woman faces theft, drug charges
- WCCC board approves $800K in change orders
- No injuries after Greensburg-Salem school bus accident in Murrysville
- Scottdale Community Pool offers swim classes
- Salem pair charged with animal cruelty