Man shot in Jeannette; police looking for suspect
Authorities last night were looking for a man in connection with a shooting on Hacker Avenue near North First Street in Jeannette.
A Westmoreland County 911 dispatcher said the incident occurred about 8:30 p.m.
The victim, a 21-year-old man whose condition was not available at press time, was shot in the right shoulder with a handgun, according to Jeannette Patrolman John Ryan.
About 10 p.m., police were concentrating their search on Route 130, between Greensburg and Jeannette. A search team with a dog lost the suspect's scent along Route 130 near the border with Penn Township.
Authorities described the suspect as 6 feet 3 inches, with a thin build and dressed all in black, including boots. He was wearing a mask when the shooting occurred, Ryan said.
The victim was taken to UPMC Mercy in Pittsburgh, according to police. The extent of the victim's injuries could not be determined last night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- More than 100 stamp bags confiscated in Greensburg; 4 arrested
- Hempfield cyclist to cool wheels in jail during appeal
- Police officer taking job in Harmarville
- Youngwood playground found to be in violation of disability act again
- Unity zoning hearing board OKs addition to Adelphoi home
- Latrobe police to host National Night Out
- McKeesport man ordered to trial in New Stanton hotel homicide
- Hempfield joins county land bank
- Kecksburg celebrates its UFO history with annual festival
- Historic Irwin theater expected to reopen in August, board member says
- Last option for former Jeannette Glass site: Pa. Supreme Court