Man shot in Jeannette; police looking for suspect
Authorities last night were looking for a man in connection with a shooting on Hacker Avenue near North First Street in Jeannette.
A Westmoreland County 911 dispatcher said the incident occurred about 8:30 p.m.
The victim, a 21-year-old man whose condition was not available at press time, was shot in the right shoulder with a handgun, according to Jeannette Patrolman John Ryan.
About 10 p.m., police were concentrating their search on Route 130, between Greensburg and Jeannette. A search team with a dog lost the suspect's scent along Route 130 near the border with Penn Township.
Authorities described the suspect as 6 feet 3 inches, with a thin build and dressed all in black, including boots. He was wearing a mask when the shooting occurred, Ryan said.
The victim was taken to UPMC Mercy in Pittsburgh, according to police. The extent of the victim's injuries could not be determined last night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- Ligonier planners recommend approval of restaurant proposal
- Brownsville pair allegedly embezzle from law firm
- Veterans Court in session in Westmoreland for first time
- Westmoreland County Prison visitation goes digital
- Hempfield votes to fill public works job with interim director Cisco
- New Year’s Eve sales set LCB record
- PennDOT has to complete acquisition of 4 parcels, take down trees for New Stanton interchange on I-70
- Delmont man blogs about industrial history of region, exploring long-cold coke ovens
- Youngwood officials to submit drawings to state agency that orders playground work stoppage
- Armstrong County man near deal in animal cruelty case