Man shot in Jeannette; police looking for suspect
Authorities last night were looking for a man in connection with a shooting on Hacker Avenue near North First Street in Jeannette.
A Westmoreland County 911 dispatcher said the incident occurred about 8:30 p.m.
The victim, a 21-year-old man whose condition was not available at press time, was shot in the right shoulder with a handgun, according to Jeannette Patrolman John Ryan.
About 10 p.m., police were concentrating their search on Route 130, between Greensburg and Jeannette. A search team with a dog lost the suspect's scent along Route 130 near the border with Penn Township.
Authorities described the suspect as 6 feet 3 inches, with a thin build and dressed all in black, including boots. He was wearing a mask when the shooting occurred, Ryan said.
The victim was taken to UPMC Mercy in Pittsburgh, according to police. The extent of the victim's injuries could not be determined last night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- DNA evidence in alleged June 2013 rape leads to Latrobe man’s arrest
- Hempfield killer Stahl ordered to pay for slain wife’s funeral
- Mt. Pleasant residents voice support for Zilli as borough police chief
- Westmoreland prison online visit program delayed again
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- East Huntingdon man, 91, finds 2nd career as a woodworker
- Westmoreland group gets pet oxygen masks for area fire departments
- Seat in 32nd District deemed crucial for Pennsylvania Senate control
- Scottdale appoints borough solicitor
- North Huntingdon commissioners fill vacant board seat