Man shot in Jeannette; police looking for suspect
Authorities last night were looking for a man in connection with a shooting on Hacker Avenue near North First Street in Jeannette.
A Westmoreland County 911 dispatcher said the incident occurred about 8:30 p.m.
The victim, a 21-year-old man whose condition was not available at press time, was shot in the right shoulder with a handgun, according to Jeannette Patrolman John Ryan.
About 10 p.m., police were concentrating their search on Route 130, between Greensburg and Jeannette. A search team with a dog lost the suspect's scent along Route 130 near the border with Penn Township.
Authorities described the suspect as 6 feet 3 inches, with a thin build and dressed all in black, including boots. He was wearing a mask when the shooting occurred, Ryan said.
The victim was taken to UPMC Mercy in Pittsburgh, according to police. The extent of the victim's injuries could not be determined last night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Latrobe law firm’s secretary pleads guilty to income tax evasion
- Marijuna, heroin arrests made in Penn Township
- Medical pot advocates state their case at town hall meeting with Sen. Folmer in Export
- Manslaughter sentence upheld for man convicted of killing Ligonier businessman
- Salem pair charged with animal cruelty
- As suicide rates rise, awareness needs to follow
- Cell tower at Ligonier Valley Cemetery would desecrate history, scenery, opponents say
- Trooper: Suspect confessed to fatal Hempfield shooting
- Labor Day fast approaching
- Jeannette man held in Greensburg window-smashing incidents
- Brownsville man sentenced in bar shooting