Man shot in Jeannette; police looking for suspect
Authorities last night were looking for a man in connection with a shooting on Hacker Avenue near North First Street in Jeannette.
A Westmoreland County 911 dispatcher said the incident occurred about 8:30 p.m.
The victim, a 21-year-old man whose condition was not available at press time, was shot in the right shoulder with a handgun, according to Jeannette Patrolman John Ryan.
About 10 p.m., police were concentrating their search on Route 130, between Greensburg and Jeannette. A search team with a dog lost the suspect's scent along Route 130 near the border with Penn Township.
Authorities described the suspect as 6 feet 3 inches, with a thin build and dressed all in black, including boots. He was wearing a mask when the shooting occurred, Ryan said.
The victim was taken to UPMC Mercy in Pittsburgh, according to police. The extent of the victim's injuries could not be determined last night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 2 Hempfield Area students charged with sexting
- Hempfield man dies in single-vehicle accident
- Murrysville woman apologizes for scholarship fund theft
- Police seek public help with East Huntingdon store thefts
- Donors’ generosity allows Clairview School girls to get fancy for prom
- 2 Democrats battle for Hempfield nomination for supervisor
- Seton Hill student tells how Pa. Gov. Wolf’s tax plan will hurt her
- Jeannette police say 5 people caught trespassing on grounds
- Jeannette’s Monsour Medical Center demolition costs might go down
- 4 Democrats seek 3 nods for Latrobe council
- Hempfield bicyclist who brought rock, knives into court office charged