Man shot in Jeannette; police looking for suspect
Authorities last night were looking for a man in connection with a shooting on Hacker Avenue near North First Street in Jeannette.
A Westmoreland County 911 dispatcher said the incident occurred about 8:30 p.m.
The victim, a 21-year-old man whose condition was not available at press time, was shot in the right shoulder with a handgun, according to Jeannette Patrolman John Ryan.
About 10 p.m., police were concentrating their search on Route 130, between Greensburg and Jeannette. A search team with a dog lost the suspect's scent along Route 130 near the border with Penn Township.
Authorities described the suspect as 6 feet 3 inches, with a thin build and dressed all in black, including boots. He was wearing a mask when the shooting occurred, Ryan said.
The victim was taken to UPMC Mercy in Pittsburgh, according to police. The extent of the victim's injuries could not be determined last night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Homewood man faces drug charges after chase in Trafford
- Ligonier native Christensen works on Ebola as CDC epidemiologist
- Former SCI Greensburg headed for auction block
- Ex-youth group volunteer from Monroeville indicted on child pornography charges
- Students learn risks of digital lives at middle school presentation in Hempfield
- 20 charged in Western Pennsylvania drug crackdown
- Westmoreland DA wants killer Stahl to pay wife’s relatives
- Unity municipal authority blames rate hike on past actions
- Burglars target 2 Herminie stores
- Southmoreland students defend school’s reputation
- Retirements deplete Westmoreland County workforce