Police: Penn Hills man, Jeannette woman had sex in restaurant
A Penn Hills man and a Jeannette woman were arrested after an alleged sexual encounter in a city restaurant Saturday afternoon.
Charles E. Brown III, 26, of 9928 Frankstown Road was charged Sunday with obscene and other sexual materials and performances, open lewdness, public drunkenness and similar misconduct, possession of a controlled substance, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Latasha Lynn Cottrell, 22, of 709 N. Third St. was charged Monday with obscene and other sexual materials and performances and disorderly conduct.
According to criminal complaints filed by Jeannette police, two employees of Ketters Restaurant witnessed the sex act, one of whom viewed it while serving the couple their food. Police were contacted shortly before 5 p.m. after Brown allegedly passed out in a booth.
Police said Brown was carrying $226 and two bags of suspected cocaine -- one contained 6.7 grams of the substance and the other 8 grams. He is on federal parole for a prior charge of possession with intent to deliver narcotics, according to the complaint.
Brown was arraigned Sunday before Jeannette District Judge Joseph DeMarchis and released on $7,500 bond. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Thursday before DeMarchis. Cottrell is scheduled for a preliminary hearing March 10 before DeMarchis.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kennametal HQ relocation rankles Westmoreland County business leadership
- Ohio woman will be millionth passenger to fly out of Arnold Palmer airport
- Democrats go on offense in Westmoreland County commission debate
- Westmoreland County candidate admits to summary offenses
- Mt. Pleasant school board to discuss website plan
- Laurel Ridge rangers on watch for sexual misconduct in park
- Accuser lying, rape defendant testifies in Westmoreland County trial
- Southmoreland directors to seek loan info from banks as state budget impasse continues
- Greensburg council expected to approve fire truck purchase
- Westmoreland couple charged with having heroin, marijuana
- Grandparents’ bids for child custody imperiled