Police: Penn Hills man, Jeannette woman had sex in restaurant
A Penn Hills man and a Jeannette woman were arrested after an alleged sexual encounter in a city restaurant Saturday afternoon.
Charles E. Brown III, 26, of 9928 Frankstown Road was charged Sunday with obscene and other sexual materials and performances, open lewdness, public drunkenness and similar misconduct, possession of a controlled substance, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Latasha Lynn Cottrell, 22, of 709 N. Third St. was charged Monday with obscene and other sexual materials and performances and disorderly conduct.
According to criminal complaints filed by Jeannette police, two employees of Ketters Restaurant witnessed the sex act, one of whom viewed it while serving the couple their food. Police were contacted shortly before 5 p.m. after Brown allegedly passed out in a booth.
Police said Brown was carrying $226 and two bags of suspected cocaine -- one contained 6.7 grams of the substance and the other 8 grams. He is on federal parole for a prior charge of possession with intent to deliver narcotics, according to the complaint.
Brown was arraigned Sunday before Jeannette District Judge Joseph DeMarchis and released on $7,500 bond. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Thursday before DeMarchis. Cottrell is scheduled for a preliminary hearing March 10 before DeMarchis.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Families welcome new members on Adoption Day in Westmoreland County
- Police on hunt for suspects in unrelated Penn Township, Manor cases
- Food drive volunteer in Westmoreland County has purse stolen
- Walker: Applebees to help Jacobs Creek Area Faith in Action
- Westmoreland County, state AG to get funds from illegal lottery
- Fall fly-by: Blue Angels stop in Unity to discuss 2015 show
- Woman sought in robbery in Unity
- Clelian Heights parents rally to keep program put in jeopardy by new federal rule
- Jeannette man pleads guilty to attempting to entice child in Louisiana
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- Man charged in New Stanton Sunoco robbery