Police: Penn Hills man, Jeannette woman had sex in restaurant
A Penn Hills man and a Jeannette woman were arrested after an alleged sexual encounter in a city restaurant Saturday afternoon.
Charles E. Brown III, 26, of 9928 Frankstown Road was charged Sunday with obscene and other sexual materials and performances, open lewdness, public drunkenness and similar misconduct, possession of a controlled substance, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Latasha Lynn Cottrell, 22, of 709 N. Third St. was charged Monday with obscene and other sexual materials and performances and disorderly conduct.
According to criminal complaints filed by Jeannette police, two employees of Ketters Restaurant witnessed the sex act, one of whom viewed it while serving the couple their food. Police were contacted shortly before 5 p.m. after Brown allegedly passed out in a booth.
Police said Brown was carrying $226 and two bags of suspected cocaine -- one contained 6.7 grams of the substance and the other 8 grams. He is on federal parole for a prior charge of possession with intent to deliver narcotics, according to the complaint.
Brown was arraigned Sunday before Jeannette District Judge Joseph DeMarchis and released on $7,500 bond. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Thursday before DeMarchis. Cottrell is scheduled for a preliminary hearing March 10 before DeMarchis.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Smithton man gets 6-12 years for robbery in Jeannette
- Independence Day events for Westmoreland County
- Hempfield bicyclist gets one last chance from Westmoreland County judge
- State Supreme Court rejects latest Foxley Farm appeal in Ligonier Township dispute
- Youthful actors bring Disney classic ‘Tarzan’ to life at Geyer in Scottdale
- Jewish congregations dwindling, forced to mull viability of worship sites
- Hempfield woman donates music inspired by WWI ‘doughnut girls’
- Facelift approved for historic La Rose building in Greensburg
- Group takes veterans, seniors in WWII-era planes at Unity airport
- Urgent care center planned in Donegal Township
- Former Jeannette coach held for trial on charges of assault on teen girls