Money stolen from 2 Hempfield churches
Two Hempfield churches within walking distance of one another were burglarized early this week, state police at Greensburg said.
About $1,500 was taken from Our Lady of Grace Church on Mt. Pleasant Road, and $20 was taken from the Maplewood Presbyterian Church on nearby Woodland Road, police said.
Both churches were likely entered through a window, according to authorities. Interior doors were damaged in both cases. Filing cabinets were damaged at Maplewood.
The incidents occurred between 8:15 p.m. Monday and 7:10 a.m. Tuesday, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Yukon pet shelter, ex-leader battle over electricity shutoff
- Greensburg Salem football game celebrates late coach Williams, historian Kaufman
- Youngwood teenager to be tried in juvenile court in stabbing case
- Judge OKs testimony of former Honduran orphan in priest abuse case
- Four Kiski Area students involved in bus accident ‘fine’
- Tree falls into house in Hempfield, injuring 1
- Police seek 2 in Derry Twp. luring attempt
- 2 arrested after Jeannette raid turns up heroin, crack, gun
- Two Westmoreland men charged with drug possession
- Police: Woman faked Mt. Pleasant robbery
- PennDOT prefers keeping Yukon, Madison interchanges; project to require at least 3 new bridges