Money stolen from 2 Hempfield churches
Two Hempfield churches within walking distance of one another were burglarized early this week, state police at Greensburg said.
About $1,500 was taken from Our Lady of Grace Church on Mt. Pleasant Road, and $20 was taken from the Maplewood Presbyterian Church on nearby Woodland Road, police said.
Both churches were likely entered through a window, according to authorities. Interior doors were damaged in both cases. Filing cabinets were damaged at Maplewood.
The incidents occurred between 8:15 p.m. Monday and 7:10 a.m. Tuesday, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Forbes: Night at the Races planned at sportsmen’s club
- Westmoreland County tourism grants promote banana splits, breweries, trolley, railroad
- Mt. Pleasant’s background colored by entrepreneurial spirit
- Hempfield infant fights rare disease
- Laurel Mountain Ski Resort discusses planned revival
- Ligonier doctor’s appeal to practice rejected
- Blaze guts South Greensburg home, kills 2 dogs
- Westmoreland judge offers Court in the Classroom
- Dog found shot dead in cardboard box in Derry Township
- Foreign clergy mitigate shortage of priests in Diocese of Greensburg
- Scottdale church to hold spaghetti dinner Friday