Money stolen from 2 Hempfield churches
Two Hempfield churches within walking distance of one another were burglarized early this week, state police at Greensburg said.
About $1,500 was taken from Our Lady of Grace Church on Mt. Pleasant Road, and $20 was taken from the Maplewood Presbyterian Church on nearby Woodland Road, police said.
Both churches were likely entered through a window, according to authorities. Interior doors were damaged in both cases. Filing cabinets were damaged at Maplewood.
The incidents occurred between 8:15 p.m. Monday and 7:10 a.m. Tuesday, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unsung backups provide boost for Steelers defensive line
- Penguins lose hard-fought game to Blue Jackets in overtime
- Contractor eyes early finish to work on New Stanton interchange of Interstate 70
- Run game needed for balance vs. Seahawks
- Former Pirates pitcher Happ agrees to $36 million, 3-year deal with Blue Jays
- Penguins notebook: Players prepared for tough schedule in minors
- Jeannette trudges through blight
- Gilbert, son of ex-Pitt football standout, commits to Panthers
- Clairton among greatest WPIAL dynasties; Aliquippa, South Fayette close
- Pitt falls flat in finale loss to Miami
- Black Friday chaos dwindles thanks to earlier deals, online sales