Money stolen from 2 Hempfield churches
Two Hempfield churches within walking distance of one another were burglarized early this week, state police at Greensburg said.
About $1,500 was taken from Our Lady of Grace Church on Mt. Pleasant Road, and $20 was taken from the Maplewood Presbyterian Church on nearby Woodland Road, police said.
Both churches were likely entered through a window, according to authorities. Interior doors were damaged in both cases. Filing cabinets were damaged at Maplewood.
The incidents occurred between 8:15 p.m. Monday and 7:10 a.m. Tuesday, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Emaciated Lab-collie mix found in garbage bag in New Stanton
- Smithfield woman faces probation in insurance company theft
- Convicted killer won’t be freed in 1973 double-murder of children
- Judge removes Zapotosky, Fayette County from civil rights suit
- Ex-kennel manager in Fayette County ordered to pay fines
- Friends take to social media to recall Herminie teen
- MAX Environmental fined for ordinance violations
- Derry Area energy costs expected to rise
- State police trooper seriously hurt when hit by vehicle in East Huntingdon
- Burglary, attempted assault at Rostraver bowling lanes investigated
- Police seek 3 in Hempfield quick change scam