Money stolen from 2 Hempfield churches
Two Hempfield churches within walking distance of one another were burglarized early this week, state police at Greensburg said.
About $1,500 was taken from Our Lady of Grace Church on Mt. Pleasant Road, and $20 was taken from the Maplewood Presbyterian Church on nearby Woodland Road, police said.
Both churches were likely entered through a window, according to authorities. Interior doors were damaged in both cases. Filing cabinets were damaged at Maplewood.
The incidents occurred between 8:15 p.m. Monday and 7:10 a.m. Tuesday, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Three injured in two-vehicle accident on Arona Road in Hempfield
- Westmoreland County settles with fired public defender
- Endowment of $3.49B makes University of Pittsburgh 25th richest in U.S.
- Suspect in West Newton burglary sought, alleged accomplice arrested
- Rostraver Democrat aims for 1 of 3 open spots on Westmoreland County bench
- Braddock man held for trial in Jeannette assault, robbery
- Woman pays $178 fine for Westmoreland courthouse conduct
- New Alexandria tree trimmer pleads guilty to fraud
- Rustic Ridge Mine permit request criticized
- Krieger to seek Westmoreland County Common Pleas judgeship
- IRS scam snares another Westmoreland County resident