Money stolen from 2 Hempfield churches
Two Hempfield churches within walking distance of one another were burglarized early this week, state police at Greensburg said.
About $1,500 was taken from Our Lady of Grace Church on Mt. Pleasant Road, and $20 was taken from the Maplewood Presbyterian Church on nearby Woodland Road, police said.
Both churches were likely entered through a window, according to authorities. Interior doors were damaged in both cases. Filing cabinets were damaged at Maplewood.
The incidents occurred between 8:15 p.m. Monday and 7:10 a.m. Tuesday, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Greensburg plastic surgeon pleads not guilty to charges of interfering with painkiller investigation
- Feud escalates between Westmoreland commissioner, controller
- Wyano woman accused of sex with 15-year-old boy
- With $4M in bank from municipal authority sale, financially strapped Jeannette exhales
- Westmoreland man charged with firing gun, narrowly missing child
- Hempfield community group wins park auction
- Part-time prison guards wanted in Westmoreland
- Mt. Pleasant Borough pursues permit parking
- Westmoreland County’s prison board to consider inmate service projects
- New charges against Hempfield bicyclist possible
- Unity man collects bits of Westmoreland County history