Spray-paint vandals strike church, school
State police are seeking information on two spray-painting incidents, one at a Westmoreland County church where someone wrote, "I killed Jesus," and another at a Catholic school in Fayette County.
On Sunday or Monday, someone spray-painted the marquee at St. Paul United Methodist Church at 101 N. Fourth St., Youngwood.
A church official reported someone painted "I killed Jesus" and a cross on the sign.
The vandals used black and blue spray paint, according to state police at Greensburg.
State police in Uniontown said someone spray-painted an exterior wall at Geibel Catholic Junior-Senior High School at 611 E. Crawford Ave. in Connellsville Township between 5 p.m. Friday and 8:15 a.m. Saturday.
Anyone with information on the Westmoreland vandalism can call 724-832-3288.
Anyone with information on the Fayette vandalism can telephone 724-439-7111.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Southmoreland commencement scheduled for Friday evening
- Westmoreland County Transit Authority to consider raising bus fare rate for paratransit participants
- Westmoreland County Community College trustees approve $38M preliminary budget
- Tenant charged in fire that destroyed Latrobe apartment house
- Ligonier Township K-9 officer home to recover from deadly collision
- Vandals ruin Ligonier Township farmers’ garden
- Foes of South Huntingdon gas-fired plant fight approval
- Pair of zoning requests denied by Unity board
- Motorcyclist killed after striking pole in Penn Township
- Hempfield hires finance director
- Unity resident again accused of burglary