Spray-paint vandals strike church, school
State police are seeking information on two spray-painting incidents, one at a Westmoreland County church where someone wrote, "I killed Jesus," and another at a Catholic school in Fayette County.
On Sunday or Monday, someone spray-painted the marquee at St. Paul United Methodist Church at 101 N. Fourth St., Youngwood.
A church official reported someone painted "I killed Jesus" and a cross on the sign.
The vandals used black and blue spray paint, according to state police at Greensburg.
State police in Uniontown said someone spray-painted an exterior wall at Geibel Catholic Junior-Senior High School at 611 E. Crawford Ave. in Connellsville Township between 5 p.m. Friday and 8:15 a.m. Saturday.
Anyone with information on the Westmoreland vandalism can call 724-832-3288.
Anyone with information on the Fayette vandalism can telephone 724-439-7111.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Youthful actors bring Disney classic ‘Tarzan’ to life at Geyer in Scottdale
- Jewish congregations dwindling, forced to mull viability of worship sites
- Facelift approved for historic La Rose building in Greensburg
- Independence Day events for Westmoreland County
- Hempfield woman donates music inspired by WWI ‘doughnut girls’
- State Supreme Court rejects latest Foxley Farm appeal in Ligonier Township dispute
- Former Jeannette coach held for trial on charges of assault on teen girls
- Hempfield bicyclist gets one last chance from Westmoreland County judge
- Smithton man gets 6-12 years for robbery in Jeannette
- Purple Heart recipient Krinock to lead July Fourth parade in Latrobe
- Urgent care center planned in Donegal Township