Westmoreland Chamber names its president
The Westmoreland Chamber of Commerce looked west in its search for a president.
The chamber announced that Chad Amond, 37, president of the Monroeville Area Chamber of Commerce, will succeed outgoing President R. Tyler Courtney. Courtney was elected as a Westmoreland County commissioner on Nov. 8.
"I'm proud to have advanced the mission of the Monroeville Area Chamber during my time there and to know that I'm leaving that organization stronger than it was when I arrived. Looking forward, I'll work hard to provide the same type of member-focused leadership at the Westmoreland Chamber," Amond said.
Although Amond has headed the Monroeville Chamber since 2005, he has ties to Westmoreland County. He lives in Unity Township and earned a master's degree in business administration from Seton Hill University in Greensburg. He also holds a bachelor's degree in communications from Slippery Rock University.
He previously served as communications and marketing director at Forbes Regional Hospital and has worked in communications, including with the Philadelphia Flyers and the Philadelphia 76ers, and at Pittsburgh's Mellon Arena.
Courtney said he is pleased that someone with Amond's background will lead the local chamber.
"Chad's extensive knowledge and understanding of chamber operations, combined with his experience and insight, make him a great asset," Courtney said.
Amond will begin his new job Dec. 15.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Southmoreland student injured in school assault
- New York fuel cell company to add another plant in Mt. Pleasant Township
- Latrobe Municipal Authority to replace solicitor
- Mt. Pleasant hospital sets ‘exceptional’ example
- Ligonier Township man jailed in alleged assault of police chief
- Lab results questioned in fatal Mt. Pleasant car accident
- A Griffins great: Seton Hill soccer team supports 7-year-old honorary member
- Jeannette school board adds network assistant
- Police investigate Hempfield fight
- Greater Latrobe elevates lacrosse teams
- North Huntingdon man struck by car, killed near Yough High School