Westmoreland Chamber names its president
The Westmoreland Chamber of Commerce looked west in its search for a president.
The chamber announced that Chad Amond, 37, president of the Monroeville Area Chamber of Commerce, will succeed outgoing President R. Tyler Courtney. Courtney was elected as a Westmoreland County commissioner on Nov. 8.
"I'm proud to have advanced the mission of the Monroeville Area Chamber during my time there and to know that I'm leaving that organization stronger than it was when I arrived. Looking forward, I'll work hard to provide the same type of member-focused leadership at the Westmoreland Chamber," Amond said.
Although Amond has headed the Monroeville Chamber since 2005, he has ties to Westmoreland County. He lives in Unity Township and earned a master's degree in business administration from Seton Hill University in Greensburg. He also holds a bachelor's degree in communications from Slippery Rock University.
He previously served as communications and marketing director at Forbes Regional Hospital and has worked in communications, including with the Philadelphia Flyers and the Philadelphia 76ers, and at Pittsburgh's Mellon Arena.
Courtney said he is pleased that someone with Amond's background will lead the local chamber.
"Chad's extensive knowledge and understanding of chamber operations, combined with his experience and insight, make him a great asset," Courtney said.
Amond will begin his new job Dec. 15.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hempfield Area High School senior Richason creates Before I Die wall in Greensburg
- Allegheny man Wedel charged with baseball bat, knife attack on former roommate
- Youngwood Fire Department to dedicate memorial at station
- Bushy Run Battlefield upgrades to include trail, signs, landscaping
- Historic Greensburg Art Center joins Cat’s Meow collection
- Greensburg police captain to attend highly selective academy
- Food drive volunteer in Westmoreland County has purse stolen
- Jeannette man pleads guilty to attempting to entice child in Louisiana
- Families welcome new members on Adoption Day in Westmoreland County
- Walker: Applebees to help Jacobs Creek Area Faith in Action
- Central Westmoreland Career and Technology students may have hand, foot and mouth disease