Police say Derry men videotaped sex with unconscious woman
Two Derry Township men are accused of videotaping a sex act involving a woman who had passed out at their home on Dec. 23 after drinking alcohol.
Chris S. Brodmerkel, 29, and Nathaniel D. Trautman, 31, both of 2239 Raymond Ave., are charged with criminal conspiracy, aggravated indecent assault and indecent assault.
The men were ordered held in the Westmoreland County jail when they failed to post $10,000 bond when they were arraigned on Thursday before Derry Township District Judge Mark Bilik in night court.
State police Trooper John Zalich said in an affidavit of probable cause that troopers began their investigation on Monday, after the alleged victim reported that she was told by a friend about a video of a sex act. She told police that Brodmerkel had shown the friend the video on his cellphone.
"(The alleged victim) told her that it looked like she was unconscious because she was not moving. (She) said she was unaware of the things that were done to her and did not consent to any of it," Zalich said in the affidavit.
Zalich subsequently obtained a search warrant, and troopers confiscated Brodmerkel's cellphone, which they discovered contained three videos of an alleged sex act being performed on the woman by Trautman.
Brodmerkel taped the sex assault, according to court papers.
After police showed the woman the tape, she told police that she was in the pair's residence on Dec. 23 and drank one-half can of malt liquor, which made her drowsy and pass out, because she had taken medication earlier in the day.
"(The alleged victim) said she had no idea any of this happened and would never have known if her friend wouldn't have told her about the video," Zalich wrote.
A preliminary hearing is tentatively scheduled on Wednesday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Franklin Regional stabbing suspect could leave Pa. for treatment
- Knife-wielding man attacks 2 in Sheetz lot in Greensburg
- Bolivar couple charged with endangerment; baby nearly drowned, police say
- Butler blasting worker in North Huntingdon water main break put on probation
- Ex-clerk convicted of stealing more than $116K from WCCC avoids jail
- Youngwood Council to pick solicitor from ‘good mix’
- Greensburg man pleads guilty to lesser charges in altercation
- Delmont must address access road for gas station
- Police: Charges unwarranted for Yough shop class project
- Chief says Youngwood house fire is suspicious
- Fundraising under way for Indiana County newborn struck by stray bullet