Midweek briefing ...
Students at Columbia University's School of Journalism have produced a rap song (to Jay-Z's "Empire State of Mind") mocking Fox News and Fox talk show host Sean Hannity. Their failure• An alleged lack of conservative vs. liberal "parity." Which should make us all wonder about the parity of conservative vs. liberal "journalism" students and professors at Columbia. ... Writing in The Bulletin of Philadelphia, Herb Denenberg throws the F-bomb. Yes, Mr. Denenberg says the stench of fascism is growing stronger from the Obama administration. That's based on its use "of the vast resources of the federal government to squelch criticism and silence and intimidate critics." Well, what else would you call it, folks• ... Sen. Arlen Specter , Confused-Pa., has been a Democrat for six months today. (Well, at least this time around.) And he's proving what a suck-up he can be as he expands his role as political opportunist extraordinaire. The pol who supposedly prides himself on an "independence" streak has voted with his new Dimmycrat buddies more than 94 percent of the time. We can only wonder what party Mr. Specter will affiliate with when he's ousted in next spring's primary. Maybe the Scottish Not Provens?
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers veteran linebacker Harrison focused on stretch run
- Penguins co-owner Lemieux snuffs rumored rift with Crosby
- Crosby scores twice, Malkin delivers OT goal as Penguins beat Blues
- Starkey: Artie Rowell’s incredible odyssey
- Friends, family, history lure natives back to Western Pennsylvania
- Excela, Pitt-Greensburg team on legacy videos for those in twilight of lives
- Intruder in Carrick makes off with cash, weapon
- Emotional send-off awaits Pitt seniors
- Annual Holiday Parade to celebrate all things Pittsburgh
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin ends practice with third-down work
- 1 dead, 1 injured after crash in North Point Breeze