Church of Climatology
The Obama administration is about to erase whatever infinitesimal separation still exists between the anti-mankind, anti-growth Church of Climatology and the state.
Already established is climate.gov , a new central Web portal for government climate data -- eco-wackos' holy writ. Next up: a new National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Climate Service office, which NOAA officials say won't adjudicate controversies over that data.
They thereby certify the "inerrancy" of that "sacred" canon -- which of course excludes the Climategate e-mails and the blunders of the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
Required approvals from congressional appropriations committees amount to an "Amen." Pontificating on Democrat-controlled Capitol Hill's piety is Archbishop of Cap and Trade Edward Markey, the House Democrat of Massachusetts who chairs the Select Committee on Energy Independence and Global Warming:
"This service will be a vital part of our growing body of knowledge on climate change, and will be held to the highest standards of scientific integrity and transparency."
Roll your eyes at that -- as you should -- and you're a heretic. This faith-based initiative, which disdains reason, might as well be an Inquisition.
-- Alan Wallace
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police officer reported wounded in New Florence; suspect at-large
- Thomas Jefferson uses defense, running game to capture WPIAL title
- Central Catholic wins 5th WPIAL football title
- Zatkoff’s, Malkin’s heroics not enough as Oilers down Penguins in shootout
- Four downs: Steelers might still be Adams’ best bet
- WPIAL Class AAA notes: Title games draw 16,500 to Heinz Field
- Aliquippa wins 16th WPIAL title, ends South Fayette’s 44-game winning streak
- Steelers notebook: Brown downplays possible matchup against Seahawks’ Sherman
- Funding highway bill atop Rep. Shuster’s agenda
- Steelers find success vs. NFC
- Robert Morris defeats Mississippi Valley State for 1st victory of season