Church of Climatology
The Obama administration is about to erase whatever infinitesimal separation still exists between the anti-mankind, anti-growth Church of Climatology and the state.
Already established is climate.gov , a new central Web portal for government climate data -- eco-wackos' holy writ. Next up: a new National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Climate Service office, which NOAA officials say won't adjudicate controversies over that data.
They thereby certify the "inerrancy" of that "sacred" canon -- which of course excludes the Climategate e-mails and the blunders of the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
Required approvals from congressional appropriations committees amount to an "Amen." Pontificating on Democrat-controlled Capitol Hill's piety is Archbishop of Cap and Trade Edward Markey, the House Democrat of Massachusetts who chairs the Select Committee on Energy Independence and Global Warming:
"This service will be a vital part of our growing body of knowledge on climate change, and will be held to the highest standards of scientific integrity and transparency."
Roll your eyes at that -- as you should -- and you're a heretic. This faith-based initiative, which disdains reason, might as well be an Inquisition.
-- Alan Wallace
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Stop neighbors from stealing your Internet
- 5 hospitalized when family’s SUV runs off Route 51 in Rostraver
- Steelers notebook: Linebacker Timmons hoping for contract extension
- Penn State reports $33M in additional Sandusky settlements
- Chief justice revokes Feudale’s senior judge status
- Penguins 4th line is showing promise
- 5 injured in Route 51 crash in Rostraver
- Steelers plan to use smart pass rush against Seattle QB Wilson
- Pittsburgh police deliver 2,500 Thanksgiving meals through program
- Police arrest man in Homestead bank robbery
- School lunch group hopes to revise rules it calls impractical, too restrictive