Climategate whitewash: Third time's no charm
The University of East Anglia got what it paid for -- a fig leaf intended to hide the truth about climate alarmism.
A new report upholds climate alarmists' preordained blame-mankind conclusions and "exonerates" the university's Climatic Research Unit by whitewashing its scientific misconduct documented in the Climategate e-mails. It's a clumsy whitewashing, too -- one whose conclusions were just as preordained.
This report is touted as "independent" but was commissioned by the university . It was headed by one Muir Russell, described in media accounts as a former civil servant -- which doesn't exactly connote scientific or statistical expertise.
It's the third such whitewashing -- after one by the British Parliament and another funded by the university. And with this "exoneration" in hand, the university, which fired Phil Jones from his post as the unit's head after his infamous "trick" Climategate e-mail was exposed, is rehiring him as its director of research. How convenient!
What this report really confirms is that climate alarmists and their enablers pervert genuine science and whitewash evidence of their misconduct. Hopefully, those gullible enough to buy what these charlatans sell will get what they have coming, too.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins lose hard-fought game to Blue Jackets in overtime
- Unsung backups provide boost for Steelers defensive line
- Former Pirates pitcher Happ agrees to $36 million, 3-year deal with Blue Jays
- Unabashed church pastors put politics front and center
- Starkey: Flashback Friday for Pitt
- Pitt falls flat in finale loss to Miami
- Body found in Allegheny River in Harrison
- Gilbert, son of ex-Pitt football standout, commits to Panthers
- Contractor eyes early finish to work on New Stanton interchange of Interstate 70
- Republicans roll dice as Trump headlines Pennsylvania Society event
- Puppy, pals come to rescue of Lower Burrell firefighters