Climategate whitewash: Third time's no charm
The University of East Anglia got what it paid for -- a fig leaf intended to hide the truth about climate alarmism.
A new report upholds climate alarmists' preordained blame-mankind conclusions and "exonerates" the university's Climatic Research Unit by whitewashing its scientific misconduct documented in the Climategate e-mails. It's a clumsy whitewashing, too -- one whose conclusions were just as preordained.
This report is touted as "independent" but was commissioned by the university . It was headed by one Muir Russell, described in media accounts as a former civil servant -- which doesn't exactly connote scientific or statistical expertise.
It's the third such whitewashing -- after one by the British Parliament and another funded by the university. And with this "exoneration" in hand, the university, which fired Phil Jones from his post as the unit's head after his infamous "trick" Climategate e-mail was exposed, is rehiring him as its director of research. How convenient!
What this report really confirms is that climate alarmists and their enablers pervert genuine science and whitewash evidence of their misconduct. Hopefully, those gullible enough to buy what these charlatans sell will get what they have coming, too.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Harrison eyes stretch run
- Starkey: Artie Rowell’s incredible odyssey
- Penguins co-owner Lemieux snuffs rumored rift with Crosby
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin ends practice with third-down work
- Emotional send-off awaits Pitt seniors
- Michigan State takes bumpy road to finale against Penn State
- House fire displaces family of 6 in Somerset County
- HS highlight reel: Pair of title games to be on tape delay Saturday
- Gorman: Thomas Jefferson quarterback Kelley savors run after injuries, illness
- Palestinian artist who appealed blasphemy sentence of 800 lashes, prison sentenced to execution
- Seneca Valley football team hopes to improve in offseason