Notes a New York Times headline: "Fraudulent voting re-emerges as a partisan issue." Since when is voter fraud a "partisan" issue• Since it's Republicans complaining about Democrat-orchestrated fraud, you can bet. ... Rick Santorum, the former Republican U.S. senator of Pennsylvania who's testing the presidential waters, was part and parcel last week of a three-day, 1,300-mile, 45-county bus tour across Iowa promoting the impeachment of three state Supreme Court judges who affirmed a new law that legalized gay marriage. The nation's going to economic hell in a Democrat handbasket and Mr. Santorum's busy defending state-sponsored discrimination• ... In non-election pops , WBAL-TV reports that the Baltimore City Health Department has issued its first "environmental citation" for a repeat violation of the city's trans fat ban. Seems the Healthy Choice company was fined $100 for using a banned level of a margarine product. Commented one poster to the station's website, "Meet me in the parking lot behind the church at midnight. We got biscuits, nachos, fries, highest quality stuff. Smuggled in from Cuba." You can bet one of Baltimore's favorite literary sons, H.L. Mencken, would have the right word for this Food Police nonsense. Yes, "buncombe."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Snyder seeks re-election as Fayette County Clerk of Courts
- Latrobe woman charged with open lewdness
- Monessen-Jeannette: Who gets the gold?
- Oilfield employee cutbacks may benefit long-haul trucking
- Woman identified in fatal Washington crash
- Trade for Winnik gives Penguins’ competition among bottom six
- In Monongahela Valley Hospital visit, former Steeler emphasizes value of exercise
- North Charleroi chase suspect ordered to stand trial
- First Draft: Homebrew guru says Budweiser’s message was the opposite of crafty
- Easter Seals merger in Pennsylvania raises ethics concerns
- Charleroi faces EPA pressure for sewer work