Primary endorsements: The Trib says ...
Here's a recap of our recommendations for Tuesday's primary election:
For Allegheny County chief executive
• Neither Rich Fitzgerald nor Mark Patrick Flaherty.
The former is a tool of the unions, a practitioner of pay-to-play government and a constitutional nose-thumber extraordinaire.
The latter acts like he's doing the public some kind of favor in his role as county controller by doing the job that the law requires him to do.
• Neither Chuck McCullough nor D. Raja.
The former faces trial in September on felony fraud and theft charges. 'Nuff said.
The latter counts on polling -- not the law, not the Pennsylvania Constitution -- as his guiding principle that begets political pandering.
For Allegheny County Council
At-large Republican seat:
• Heather Heidelbaugh
She'll shake up the conservative minority and restore maturity to the kindergarten.
For Allegheny County Common Pleas Court
• Michael Marmo
Tough but compassionate. Fair. Who could ask for more?
For Westmoreland County Board of Commissioners
• R. Tyler Courtney and Joe Bush
Nominating this pair will give Republicans their best chance in a long time to take control of county government in the fall. We can't think of a better way to end the era of Democrat antagonist Tom Balya.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Bubble soccer bounces its way into Western Pa. sports venues
- Inside the Steelers: Rookie linebacker Chickillo continues to excel
- Police: Escaped Armstrong County inmate armed, dangerous homicide suspect
- Stocks bounce back from big losses to close relatively flat
- Pirates acquire Soria from Tigers
- Fashion FYI: RAW: Pittsburgh showcase features over 40 artists
- Turkey aims guns at Kurdish rebels
- NFL notebook: Brady’s lawsuit will be heard in New York
- Pirates notebook: Blanton introduced; Worley designated for assignment
- Passing the illegals buck
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin says Latrobe session won’t differ from normal practice