It only took two years or so for the U.S. Justice Department to get serious in its investigation of former presidential candidate John Edwards on allegations that he used campaign funds while attempting to cover up an extramarital affair and a child he fathered. Gee, after all this time you'd think Justice would have kept mum until after Father's Day. ... The Donald (Trump) obviously cannot go even a few days without seeing or hearing his own hype. Now he's raising speculation that he might, could, sorta be thinking about an independent run for president. On "Fox & Friends" last week Mr. Trump said he "can't rule out anything." How many times does this guy have to get "fired" by political analysts and the public before he gets the message• ... And, of course, this was inevitable: a sideshow of unfounded speculation that killer tornadoes are the result of supposed climate change. NBC weatherman Al Roker was one of the first cluckers out of the box to mention climate change, according to The Daily Caller. Perhaps Mr. Roker and other climate crusaders could lend some of their credibility to doomsdayologist Harold Camping. After all, he, too, dabbles in very much the same "science."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers offensive linemen looking to build on strong 2013 finish
- Starkey: Would one big move kill Pirates’ future?
- Liriano, Pirates beat Giants, inch closer to lead in NL Central
- Pirates inquire about Red Sox LHP Lester
- Strike remains possible for East Allegheny teachers
- Tech giants lead rush for profits in foreign countries
- Pleasant Hills Night Out attracts large crowd
- McKeesport councilman fined, given probation in gambling ring
- CEO of learning disability mentor group pens book
- Big Ten Conference foes are setting sights on powerful Ohio State
- Big transportation wish list pitched to state commission