Midweek briefing ...
Those gunning for Sarah Palin have been most chagrined to learn that the former Alaska governor and the GOP's 2008 vice-presidential nominee is -- GASP! -- normal. That's pretty much the take-away thus far from a review of Mrs. Palin's gubernatorial e-mail. As one observer put it, the e-mails reveal Palin as "idealistic, conscientious, humorous and humane." It's hardly the "indictment" for which liberals hoped. ... President Barack Obama hosted two-dozen Wall Street executives in the White House just before formally announcing his re-election campaign. The event is thick with irony, of course. For these are among the very same people he eviscerated for being "fat cats." But the more serious question is if the gathering violated the law: The New York Times says the event was organized by the Democratic National Committee and "kicked off an aggressive push by Mr. Obama to win back the allegiance of one of his most vital sources of campaign cash... ." Well• ... The folks at Human Events, a conservative newspaper, have been running a series of "365 ways to drive a liberal crazy." They're culled from James Delingpole's book of the same name. No. 164: "Quote liberal hero Karl Marx: 'There is only one way to kill capitalism -- by taxes, taxes, and more taxes.'" Sadly, liberals still won't get it.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police officer fatally shot in New Florence; suspect in custody
- Four downs: Steelers might still be Adams’ best bet
- Zatkoff’s, Malkin’s heroics not enough as Oilers down Penguins in shootout
- Thomas Jefferson uses defense, running game to capture WPIAL title
- Pitt notebook: Offensive struggles continue
- Aliquippa wins 16th WPIAL title, ends South Fayette’s 44-game winning streak
- Steelers find success vs. NFC
- Slippery Rock halts late rally, advances to D-II quarterfinals
- Woman dies after bleeding on sidewalk outside Carrick pizzeria
- Central Catholic wins 5th WPIAL football title
- Steelers notebook: Brown downplays possible matchup against Seahawks’ Sherman