The Thursday wrap
Townhall.com contributor Lurita Doan says President Obama's American Jobs Act contains a proposal for yet another group of czars. These would be the unelected, unconfirmed and Cabinet-undermining folks who actually would manage the proposed trillion dollars of federal funding for public infrastructure. All the more reason to limit the Obama Era of Bigger Government to one term. ... If all this czar business keeps up , can it be very long before the administration appoints a Czar for Lemonade Stands and sets up a new Twitter application to snitch on all those junior tax scofflaws• .... The Justice Department's own inspector general indicts the agency for extravagant spending on food. Think $16 for a single muffin. Think a single beef Wellington appetizer that cost $7.32. Think $5 for a single Swedish meatball. Just as bad, the IG suggests not much has improved since its last report in 2007. And this from the administration that insists on "soaking the rich." ... Even as the Obama administration ramped up its campaign to discredit Ron Suskind for some unflattering revelations about it in his new book, some in the White House were essentially confirming his accounts to other media. Oops, we guess not everybody got the "smear Suskind" memo.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Distracted Steelers show nothing in loss to Eagles
- Will soft foes mean fast start to the season for Pitt football team?
- Friday’s scouting report: Pirates at Brewers
- Pirates, Brewers possess strengths up the middle
- Feasibility of Moon Area-Cornell merger remains uncertain
- NFL could delay punishment
- Man shot to death in Homewood
- Alle-Kiski Valley HS notebook: Toy returns to coach Kiski Area volleyball
- LaBar: Hulk Hogan wants to fight Brock Lesnar?
- Google Maps opens business doors to online views
- New coach, same expectations for Seton-La Salle football team