The Thursday wrap
Townhall.com contributor Lurita Doan says President Obama's American Jobs Act contains a proposal for yet another group of czars. These would be the unelected, unconfirmed and Cabinet-undermining folks who actually would manage the proposed trillion dollars of federal funding for public infrastructure. All the more reason to limit the Obama Era of Bigger Government to one term. ... If all this czar business keeps up , can it be very long before the administration appoints a Czar for Lemonade Stands and sets up a new Twitter application to snitch on all those junior tax scofflaws• .... The Justice Department's own inspector general indicts the agency for extravagant spending on food. Think $16 for a single muffin. Think a single beef Wellington appetizer that cost $7.32. Think $5 for a single Swedish meatball. Just as bad, the IG suggests not much has improved since its last report in 2007. And this from the administration that insists on "soaking the rich." ... Even as the Obama administration ramped up its campaign to discredit Ron Suskind for some unflattering revelations about it in his new book, some in the White House were essentially confirming his accounts to other media. Oops, we guess not everybody got the "smear Suskind" memo.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Agent: Polamalu undecided whether to play in 2015
- Overnight snowfall plagues public transportation, schools, commuters
- Sestak kicks off U.S. Senate campaign — with a couple missteps
- Penguins forwards struggle in loss to Avalanche
- Springdale Twp. police car crashes into veterinary clinic
- Starkey: In defense of Mel Kiper Jr.
- Ice jam wipes out McKeesport’s marina
- 14 more arrested in connection with drug trafficking ring
- Educating is a passion, job, lifestyle for O’Hara woman
- Crosby, Malkin chase scoring title amid defense-minded league
- Dermatologist led UPMC residency program