The Thursday wrap
T.J. Rooney, the former chairman of the Pennsylvania Democratic Party, tells Politico that "Southwest Pennsylvania has become over time a difficult place for Democrats because of the perception they are left of center." Perception• What stage of denial are you in, Mr. Rooney• ... Vice President Joe Biden , upset that a reporter had the audacity to challenge his contention that rapes and murders will rise without the president's dubious "jobs bill" -- "Don't screw around with me," the veep retorted -- now has complained to the Senate's reporter credentialing bosses. He's claiming he was ambushed. Sounds more like Mr. Biden wielded his own screwdriver. ... The bad news for Al Gore is that the U.S. Geological Survey reports no evidence that climate change has led to more severe flooding in the United States over the last century. The good news is that there's still time for Mr. Gore to join the Rapture movement. ... Canada Free Press reports that a 50-pound slab of "blue ice" fell from Air Force One on Monday as the president's jumbo jet landed in Las Vegas and hit within feet of the tents of some "Occupy Las Vegas" protesters. "Blue ice," of course, is what comes from a jet's lavatory. Surely there are ample metaphors that can be applied to the dump. Ahem.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- More Mon Valley communities add banners honoring veterans
- New Penguin Kessel’s shot is what makes him special
- Pirates can’t overcome long rain delay, Indians in interleague setback
- Man shot, killed at East Liberty housing complex
- Tiny black weevils booming in W.Pa.
- Youngwood man’s crash knocks out power in Monessen
- Pirates notebook: Taillon headed for surgery, Richard traded
- Russian winger Plotnikov could join Penguins in August
- Ex-teammates say Kessel unfairly criticized
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Indians, July 4, 2015
- ‘Wax weed’ worries authorities