An effort backed by extreme-left billionaire George Soros to restore the deservedly dwindling credibility of "science" distorted to serve anti-growth politics is targeting TV meteorologists who don't buy the global-warming orthodoxy.
The deceptively named Forecast the Facts campaign's website says it's "led by 350.org, the League of Conservation Voters and the Citizen Engagement Lab ... ." But it doesn't say that Mr. Soros' Open Society Foundations gave Citizen Engagement Lab a two-year, $300,000 grant in 2010.
Forecast the Facts touts a list of (at last check) 55 TV meteorologist "deniers." But its website displays only a few of those names -- and it replied to our e-mail request for the full list with a blank e-mail that had "canned.response" in its "from" address.
TV meteorologists focus on short-term forecasts. They're not climatologists who focus on long-term trends. But they're not stupid, either. And now, they're handy targets for Soros' hit squad.
Forecast the Facts is yet another attempt by this duplicitous blame-mankind crowd to stifle genuine scientific debate that follows the evidence where it leads, not to politically predetermined conclusions.
No TV viewer should put any stock in what's clearly propaganda pimping pseudoscience.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police charge New Florence man in St. Clair officer’s killing
- Penn State coach fires offensive coordinator
- Travelers advised to arrive 2 hours early for flights from Pittsburgh International Airport
- New Kensington man killed in North Buffalo crash
- Four downs: Steelers might still be Adams’ best bet
- Indiana Twp. liver transplant recipient, 2, takes steps toward normal life
- Police officer fatally shot in New Florence; suspect in custody
- Aliquippa wins 16th WPIAL title, ends South Fayette’s 44-game winning streak
- Zatkoff’s, Malkin’s heroics not enough as Oilers down Penguins in shootout
- Thomas Jefferson uses defense, running game to capture WPIAL title
- As historic breakup nears, Alcoa works to redefine its ‘advantage’