Pitt upgrades practice field
College Football Videos
The Pitt football team can always practice on a plush field now that a new synthetic surface is being installed at the UPMC Sports Performance Complex.
One of the two grass fields at the South Side outdoor facility was replaced by a Sportexe surface, the installation of which is expected to be completed Monday.
"That was something I felt we needed and (Pitt) athletic director) Jeff Long did a great job of making it happen," Pitt coach Dave Wannstedt said. "Because we don't go away to training camp, I don't know how you practice on two fields from August until January and then use them in the offseason - when the kids are out there running and working out on their own - and then spring practice. There's got to be some time when you only have two fields to grow new grass. It really, really will help us."
-- Kevin Gorman
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Couple taken into custody after 8-hour standoff in Hempfield
- Eagle egg breaks, parents abandon nest
- Rogue Catholics in Society of St. Pius X to reopen West End church
- Cal U women win Division II national title with 86-69 win
- Pirates notebook: Locke makes bid for final rotation spot, Tabata cut
- Players respect coach, refuse to blame Johnston
- Post-it notes: Innovator will share secrets of social media
- Monessen man facing trial for resisting arrest
- Strike planned at ACMH Hospital in East Franklin on Tuesday
- Penguins coach Johnston’s mother dies
- Norwin High School health teacher charged with selling heroin