Pitt upgrades practice field
College Football Videos
The Pitt football team can always practice on a plush field now that a new synthetic surface is being installed at the UPMC Sports Performance Complex.
One of the two grass fields at the South Side outdoor facility was replaced by a Sportexe surface, the installation of which is expected to be completed Monday.
"That was something I felt we needed and (Pitt) athletic director) Jeff Long did a great job of making it happen," Pitt coach Dave Wannstedt said. "Because we don't go away to training camp, I don't know how you practice on two fields from August until January and then use them in the offseason - when the kids are out there running and working out on their own - and then spring practice. There's got to be some time when you only have two fields to grow new grass. It really, really will help us."
-- Kevin Gorman
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New Steeler Boykin clarifies remarks about former coach
- Zimbabwe alleges Murrysville doctor illegally killed lion
- Bucs’ starter Burnett says ‘surgery is not an option’
- Former Lincoln Park star Rowan chooses N.C. State
- After early criticism, Haley has Steelers offense poised to be even better
- Steelers swap draft pick for Eagles cornerback
- EPA diktats: Pushing back
- Rossi: Looking at the next great Steeler
- Penguins not alone in top-heavy approach to salary cap
- Ability to clog the trenches crucial to Steelers defense
- Starting 9: Examining Pirates’ deadline decisions