Pitt upgrades practice field
College Football Videos
The Pitt football team can always practice on a plush field now that a new synthetic surface is being installed at the UPMC Sports Performance Complex.
One of the two grass fields at the South Side outdoor facility was replaced by a Sportexe surface, the installation of which is expected to be completed Monday.
"That was something I felt we needed and (Pitt) athletic director) Jeff Long did a great job of making it happen," Pitt coach Dave Wannstedt said. "Because we don't go away to training camp, I don't know how you practice on two fields from August until January and then use them in the offseason - when the kids are out there running and working out on their own - and then spring practice. There's got to be some time when you only have two fields to grow new grass. It really, really will help us."
-- Kevin Gorman
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Hockey hypocrites, unite
- Prime time not kind to Heinz Field
- State police trooper seriously hurt when hit by vehicle in East Huntingdon
- Steelers offense puts up gaudy numbers in season’s 1st half
- Penguins veteran defenseman Scuderi’s game looking up
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger, offense must adjust with CB Smith out
- Range Resources reports $146M in Q3 profits on record Marcellus production
- Lifesharing allows families to open homes, hearts to disabled
- Ferrante murder trial heads into day 6 with testimony on cyanide, Web searches
- WPIAL playoffs have been tough on teams from Allegheny, Tri-County South
- Gorman: For Bethel Park, the worst road trip in WPIAL playoffs