Pitt upgrades practice field
College Football Videos
The Pitt football team can always practice on a plush field now that a new synthetic surface is being installed at the UPMC Sports Performance Complex.
One of the two grass fields at the South Side outdoor facility was replaced by a Sportexe surface, the installation of which is expected to be completed Monday.
"That was something I felt we needed and (Pitt) athletic director) Jeff Long did a great job of making it happen," Pitt coach Dave Wannstedt said. "Because we don't go away to training camp, I don't know how you practice on two fields from August until January and then use them in the offseason - when the kids are out there running and working out on their own - and then spring practice. There's got to be some time when you only have two fields to grow new grass. It really, really will help us."
-- Kevin Gorman
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger remains in concussion protocol
- Downtown barbershop target of racial-slur graffiti
- Authorities recover rifle used to kill Westmoreland police officer
- Founder of Z&M Cycle Sales in Hempfield killed in Florida motorcycle crash
- Pitt’s Whitehead, Ollison grab ACC rookie of the year awards
- ‘Ambitious goal’ set for reducing HIV infections in Allegheny County
- Kane turns to former Maryland attorney general to lead porn email probe
- Starkey: Tomlin lived in his fears
- Shell closing Franklin Park office next year
- Council votes to ban tobacco use in Pittsburgh parks
- Touching Tribe boutique in Hampton sales benefit people from distant lands