Pitt's Romeus returns to practice
College Football Videos
Pitt senior defensive end Greg Romeus has returned to shoulder-pads practice for the first time since undergoing back surgery in mid-September.
Romeus, the 2009 co-Big East Defensive Player of the Year, practiced Tuesday in light shell pads and today in shorts and shoulder pads. He played one game this year, against Utah in the opener, where he recorded four tackles.
Pitt coach Dave Wannstedt didn't say whether his star defensive end will play at Connecticut on Nov. 11.
"He's day to day," Wannstedt said. "We will see how he does."
Also, defensive end Jabaal Sheard, strong safety Dom DeCicco and left tackle Jason Pinkston were named team captains for the rest of the season, as voted by teammates
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Inside the Steelers: Roethlisberger strong in goal-line drills
- Ejections, heated moments mark Pirates’ win over Reds
- Slot CB Boykin gives Steelers options in secondary
- Zimbabwe alleges Murrysville doctor illegally killed lion
- Steelers notebook: WR Bryant sidelined after minor procedure on right elbow
- Pirates notebook: Burnett says ‘surgery is not an option’
- Latest debris found on French island not from missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Making environmentalism divisive
- Addision man killed in Route 40 collision
- News Alert
- Former Schenley star Kennedy leads Overseas Elite to $1 million prize