Pitt's Romeus returns to practice
College Football Videos
Pitt senior defensive end Greg Romeus has returned to shoulder-pads practice for the first time since undergoing back surgery in mid-September.
Romeus, the 2009 co-Big East Defensive Player of the Year, practiced Tuesday in light shell pads and today in shorts and shoulder pads. He played one game this year, against Utah in the opener, where he recorded four tackles.
Pitt coach Dave Wannstedt didn't say whether his star defensive end will play at Connecticut on Nov. 11.
"He's day to day," Wannstedt said. "We will see how he does."
Also, defensive end Jabaal Sheard, strong safety Dom DeCicco and left tackle Jason Pinkston were named team captains for the rest of the season, as voted by teammates
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Reagan shooter Hinckley closer to permanent freedom
- Fights reported, shots fired outside Monroeville Mall restaurant
- Crosby’s 2 goals lift Penguins past Rangers, even series
- Steelers won’t be backed into a corner at NFL Draft
- Defense shines in Pitt football spring game
- Starkey: Taylor’s type fading away
- Marte jump-starts Pirates in win over Brewers
- Crosby says Edmonton would be good spot for prospective top pick McDavid
- Use of multiple contractors could leave oil, gas operators open to hackers
- Boscov’s could help sustain decade-old Pittsburgh Mills
- Governor Wolf’s outreach to lawmakers contrasts with Corbett’s style