Pitt's Romeus returns to practice
College Football Videos
Pitt senior defensive end Greg Romeus has returned to shoulder-pads practice for the first time since undergoing back surgery in mid-September.
Romeus, the 2009 co-Big East Defensive Player of the Year, practiced Tuesday in light shell pads and today in shorts and shoulder pads. He played one game this year, against Utah in the opener, where he recorded four tackles.
Pitt coach Dave Wannstedt didn't say whether his star defensive end will play at Connecticut on Nov. 11.
"He's day to day," Wannstedt said. "We will see how he does."
Also, defensive end Jabaal Sheard, strong safety Dom DeCicco and left tackle Jason Pinkston were named team captains for the rest of the season, as voted by teammates
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Komen acceptance of drilling-linked money raises ire
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- America’s manufacturing comeback
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- 2 dead, including student gunman, after Wash. school shooting
- Critics claim state Attorney General Kane puts politics first
- Corbett, Wolf resort to sticks, stones to attract attention
- Penguins notebook: Carcillo has no hard feelings after failing to make roster
- Zappala impersonation suspect arrested; stores offered reimbursement
- Monsour hospital properties sold at free-and-clear sale
- Lower Burrell man charged with shoplifting