Graham names three for spring drills award
College Football Videos
Pitt coach Todd Graham today named quarterback Anthony Gonzalez, defensive tackle Tyrone Ezell and cornerback Buddy Jackson winners of the Ed Conway Award, given annually to the most improved offensive and defensive players during spring drills.
Gonzalez, a redshirt freshman from Liberty High School in Bethlehem, will be the backup to starting quarterback Tino Sunseri this season.
Ezell, a redshirt sophomore from Steel Valley High School, has been pushing for a starting job on the defensive line from the outset of practice.
Jackson, a senior from Plantation, Fla., inserted himself into the competition for playing time at cornerback while 2010 starter Antwuan Reed was recovering from a concussion suffered last season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Crosby banned from Jets game because he missed All-Star Game
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- LeBeau won’t join Cardinals coaching staff
- Pine-Richland’s DiNucci to Pitt; Kittanning’s Bowers opts for PSU
- Pittsburgh cracks down on overcrowded houses
- Teen found in Riverview Park last year died of overdose
- Leaders mark Auschwitz liberation 70 years on without Putin
- Gorman: Not just a no-brainer for Pine-Richland’s DiNucci
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended 8 games for hit on Letang
- Storm unleashes blizzard conditions on parts of Northeast
- Western Pa. farm markets keep customers coming when nothing’s growing