Graham names three for spring drills award
College Football Videos
Pitt coach Todd Graham today named quarterback Anthony Gonzalez, defensive tackle Tyrone Ezell and cornerback Buddy Jackson winners of the Ed Conway Award, given annually to the most improved offensive and defensive players during spring drills.
Gonzalez, a redshirt freshman from Liberty High School in Bethlehem, will be the backup to starting quarterback Tino Sunseri this season.
Ezell, a redshirt sophomore from Steel Valley High School, has been pushing for a starting job on the defensive line from the outset of practice.
Jackson, a senior from Plantation, Fla., inserted himself into the competition for playing time at cornerback while 2010 starter Antwuan Reed was recovering from a concussion suffered last season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man dies in jump from Route 130 overpass onto passing tractor-trailer in Hempfield
- Big names highlight Three Rivers Arts Festival’s 2015 musical lineup
- Penguins notebook: Flyers’ success in Pittsburgh stems from power play
- Police investigate pair of fatal rush hour incidents in Shaler, Marshall
- Developer delays renovation plans for Northway Mall
- Monessen police investigating drive-by shooting
- Husband of accused drug-dealing teacher faces his own drug, intimidation charges
- Pirates again approach Polanco about contract extension
- Pirates notebook: Reliever Holdzkom among three players cut
- Man awaiting trial for offering drugs to 2 teens found hanged in his Belle Vernon home
- Pa. Supreme Court upholds special prosecutor appointed to investigate leaks from Kane’s office