Graham names three for spring drills award
College Football Videos
Pitt coach Todd Graham today named quarterback Anthony Gonzalez, defensive tackle Tyrone Ezell and cornerback Buddy Jackson winners of the Ed Conway Award, given annually to the most improved offensive and defensive players during spring drills.
Gonzalez, a redshirt freshman from Liberty High School in Bethlehem, will be the backup to starting quarterback Tino Sunseri this season.
Ezell, a redshirt sophomore from Steel Valley High School, has been pushing for a starting job on the defensive line from the outset of practice.
Jackson, a senior from Plantation, Fla., inserted himself into the competition for playing time at cornerback while 2010 starter Antwuan Reed was recovering from a concussion suffered last season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates think Mercer’s defense deserves more credit
- Rayburn businessman honored for charitable work
- Woman who stabbed while naked in McKees Rocks believed to be in New Kensington area
- Roundup: Study finds 35 percent in US facing debt collectors; JPMorgan paying $650K to settle CFTC charges; more
- Valley resident new CEO at Jefferson
- Tech giants lead rush for profits in foreign countries
- China investigates Microsoft in monopoly case
- Home price gains slow for 6th-straight month
- Jimmy Dean moves beyond breakfast
- Most back Holy Family’s plan to house children who crossed border
- Fed to keep cards close to the vest