Graham names three for spring drills award
College Football Videos
Pitt coach Todd Graham today named quarterback Anthony Gonzalez, defensive tackle Tyrone Ezell and cornerback Buddy Jackson winners of the Ed Conway Award, given annually to the most improved offensive and defensive players during spring drills.
Gonzalez, a redshirt freshman from Liberty High School in Bethlehem, will be the backup to starting quarterback Tino Sunseri this season.
Ezell, a redshirt sophomore from Steel Valley High School, has been pushing for a starting job on the defensive line from the outset of practice.
Jackson, a senior from Plantation, Fla., inserted himself into the competition for playing time at cornerback while 2010 starter Antwuan Reed was recovering from a concussion suffered last season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates grind out extra-inning win against testy Tigers
- 1 killed, several hurt as police chase ends in Oakland crash
- Shopping season starts up for Penguins amid onset of free agency
- Penguins notebook: Sheary hoping to return to organization
- Union to work while ATI talks continue
- Pittsburgh police solve fewer homicides
- Plum officials reassess equipment policy after sexual assault case
- Three teens injured in one-vehicle crash in Hempfield
- In historic vote, Legislature approves bill selling state liquor stores
- Forget online, Pittsburgh singles can meet mates through Dinner for 8
- Blackhawks deal Gibsonia native Saad to Blue Jackets