Graham names three for spring drills award
College Football Videos
Pitt coach Todd Graham today named quarterback Anthony Gonzalez, defensive tackle Tyrone Ezell and cornerback Buddy Jackson winners of the Ed Conway Award, given annually to the most improved offensive and defensive players during spring drills.
Gonzalez, a redshirt freshman from Liberty High School in Bethlehem, will be the backup to starting quarterback Tino Sunseri this season.
Ezell, a redshirt sophomore from Steel Valley High School, has been pushing for a starting job on the defensive line from the outset of practice.
Jackson, a senior from Plantation, Fla., inserted himself into the competition for playing time at cornerback while 2010 starter Antwuan Reed was recovering from a concussion suffered last season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hackers’ new Dyre malware infects W.Pa. computers, vexes FBI cyber agents
- Oakland man pleads guilty to smuggling drugs from Mexico
- Fingerprint expert says defendant’s prints were on cyanide bottle
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up
- Attorney General Kane injured in auto accident
- Pirates likely to seek pitcher, catcher when free agency starts
- Foundations’ deal to buy August Wilson Center could be in jeopardy
- 5 Cal U football players arrested for assault; Saturday’s game canceled
- Space tourism rocket explodes, killing one person aboard
- Economy woman sentenced to 15 months for Medicare fraud
- Rossi: The best Penguins defense is ... a potent offense