Graham names three for spring drills award
College Football Videos
Pitt coach Todd Graham today named quarterback Anthony Gonzalez, defensive tackle Tyrone Ezell and cornerback Buddy Jackson winners of the Ed Conway Award, given annually to the most improved offensive and defensive players during spring drills.
Gonzalez, a redshirt freshman from Liberty High School in Bethlehem, will be the backup to starting quarterback Tino Sunseri this season.
Ezell, a redshirt sophomore from Steel Valley High School, has been pushing for a starting job on the defensive line from the outset of practice.
Jackson, a senior from Plantation, Fla., inserted himself into the competition for playing time at cornerback while 2010 starter Antwuan Reed was recovering from a concussion suffered last season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Trojans, Centurions battle for Class A crown
- Kiski Area to play football at Davis Field this season
- Tesla home battery at $7K, partnered with rooftop solar system, may help reduce power bills
- ‘Voice of Pittsburgh’ was proud of Mon Valley roots
- With space to spare, Pittsburgh International draws corporate jet carrier
- Pirates pitcher Morton turns in solid performance in win over Marlins
- Steel Valley softball gets 3rd try at Seton-La Salle
- Bus plans include RIDC Park in O’Hara
- Highlands board votes to allow ads on website
- Alle-Kiski Valley parades with pride on Memorial Day
- Cops: Man shoots 11-year-old with BB gun in McKeesport; boy critical