Pitt running back leaves to care for mom
College Football Videos
Freshman running back Jeremiah Bryson received his release from Pitt today so he can return home to Smyrna, Tenn., and attend Middle Tennessee State.
Bryson, who gained more than 1,500 yards during his senior year at Smyrna High School, said he wants to help care for his ailing mother.
"She's a single mom, and I want to be close to home and take care of her," he said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Norwin High School health teacher charged with selling heroin
- West Homestead man taken into custody after 8-hour police standoff in Hempfield
- Bodies of Kochu, Gray found in Ohio River in West Virginia
- Pirates cut 12, including outfielder Tabata and pitcher Lincoln
- Pa. woman charged with forging docs to claim she was an attorney
- Programs keep young workers on ‘TRACK’ for local employment
- Penguins’ protracted slump continues with 5-2 loss at Carolina
- State police seek info on police impersonator in Export
- Art showcases provide added appeal for area businesses
- Penguins Foundation gifts Kindles to Homer-Center Elementary
- Aldi to open store where Bottom Dollar closed in Garfield