Pitt adds OLB from Baltimore to 2012 class
College Football Videos
Pitt coach Todd Graham added the 12th recruit of the 2012 class, when he received a verbal commitment Friday from outside linebacker Devon Porchia.
Rivals.com rates Porchia, who attends Gilman High School in Baltimore, as a three-star prospect. He also had offers from Cincinnati, Buffalo, Rutgers and Wake Forest.
Porchia, 6-foot-2, 203 pounds, considers himself more than a pass-rushing specialist.
"I'm good at that," he said of rushing the passer. "But I'm also good at pass dropping."
Note: Former Gateway star Brendon Felder, a receiver who transferred from North Carolina to Pitt, was denied eligibility for the 2011 season by the NCAA.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Despres is relishing his regular role on Penguins’ blue line
- Steelers’ Tomlin does not like his coaching style to be characterized
- NK grocery store robbed
- Rossi: Pirates plan to carry Hurdle deep into playoffs
- Hospitals, doctors in Pa. received $32M in 5 months from drug, medical device companies
- Gorman: Lincoln Park charade over
- State trooper shot and killed during training exercise
- Google Pittsburgh instrumental in fight against hackers, co-directors say
- Knife-wielding man attacks 2 in Sheetz lot in Greensburg
- Hopewell trying to avoid slumps against familiar foes
- Franklin Regional stabbing suspect could leave Pa. for treatment