Pitt adds OLB from Baltimore to 2012 class
College Football Videos
Pitt coach Todd Graham added the 12th recruit of the 2012 class, when he received a verbal commitment Friday from outside linebacker Devon Porchia.
Rivals.com rates Porchia, who attends Gilman High School in Baltimore, as a three-star prospect. He also had offers from Cincinnati, Buffalo, Rutgers and Wake Forest.
Porchia, 6-foot-2, 203 pounds, considers himself more than a pass-rushing specialist.
"I'm good at that," he said of rushing the passer. "But I'm also good at pass dropping."
Note: Former Gateway star Brendon Felder, a receiver who transferred from North Carolina to Pitt, was denied eligibility for the 2011 season by the NCAA.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh police break up customer fights over Air Jordan 11 shoes
- Penguins missing Martin, Ehrhoff, Adams; prized prospect Pouliot called up
- North Huntingdon residents warned about vehicle break-ins
- Coal ash sites have tainted hundreds of waterways, aquifers
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Despite intimidation, women still passionate about video games
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- LCB ruling could mean home-delivered beer in Pa.
- Michigan State defensive coordinator a Pitt coaching candidate
- As smokers seek Cuban cigars, retailers point to trade embargo
- EPA says it won’t regulate coal ash as hazardous waste