Pitt men's basketball coach Dixon is linked to LSU job
College Football Videos
A Pitt official on Wednesday refuted a report that men`s basketball coach Jamie Dixon spoke with LSU officials about their opening, saying Dixon spent the day in his office at Petersen Events Center.
The Times-Picayune in New Orleans reported that LSU athletic director Joe Alleva spoke with Dixon in Atlanta on Wednesday.
Dixon declined comment through a university spokesman. LSU officials did not return a telephone message.
Dixon, who has led Pitt to eight NCAA Tournaments in the past nine years, received a two-year contract extension in 2010 that ties him to Pitt for the next six seasons.
LSU is looking to replace Trent Johnson, who resigned this week and accepted the job at TCU.
Other candidates for the LSU job included former New Mexico State coach Reggie Theus and Harvard coach Tommy Amaker, the Times-Picayune reported. The Associated Press reported LSU has interviewed North Texas` Johnny Jones.
Note: The Pitt women`s basketball team on Wednesday signed guard Brittany Gordon of South Charleston (W.Va.) High School to a letter of intent. Gordon averaged 23.5 points, 4.0 rebounds and 3.7 assists per game this season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Police officer in Fayette County charged in apparent domestic dispute
- On border of Westmoreland, Fayette, Jacobs Creek section is sacred spot
- Baldwin native McNulty’s storied legal career leads to Grove City post
- Rossi: Cole perfect pitcher to start pivotal series for Pirates
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather