Pitt men's basketball coach Dixon is linked to LSU job
College Football Videos
A Pitt official on Wednesday refuted a report that men`s basketball coach Jamie Dixon spoke with LSU officials about their opening, saying Dixon spent the day in his office at Petersen Events Center.
The Times-Picayune in New Orleans reported that LSU athletic director Joe Alleva spoke with Dixon in Atlanta on Wednesday.
Dixon declined comment through a university spokesman. LSU officials did not return a telephone message.
Dixon, who has led Pitt to eight NCAA Tournaments in the past nine years, received a two-year contract extension in 2010 that ties him to Pitt for the next six seasons.
LSU is looking to replace Trent Johnson, who resigned this week and accepted the job at TCU.
Other candidates for the LSU job included former New Mexico State coach Reggie Theus and Harvard coach Tommy Amaker, the Times-Picayune reported. The Associated Press reported LSU has interviewed North Texas` Johnny Jones.
Note: The Pitt women`s basketball team on Wednesday signed guard Brittany Gordon of South Charleston (W.Va.) High School to a letter of intent. Gordon averaged 23.5 points, 4.0 rebounds and 3.7 assists per game this season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates can’t overcome long rain delay, Indians in interleague setback
- Pirates notebook: Taillon headed for surgery, Richard traded
- Gorman: Barnstorming tour bigger than baseball
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Indians, July 4, 2015
- MLB notebook: Yankees to donate $150K to charity for A-Rod’s 3,000th hit ball
- Tiny black weevils booming in W.Pa.
- America’s path to freedom reflected in region’s numerous historic sites
- Ex-teammates say Kessel unfairly criticized
- Youngwood man’s crash knocks out power in Monessen
- Fun-seekers won’t let a Pittsburgh regatta without races get them down
- Russian winger Plotnikov could join Penguins in August