Pitt men's basketball coach Dixon is linked to LSU job
College Football Videos
A Pitt official on Wednesday refuted a report that men`s basketball coach Jamie Dixon spoke with LSU officials about their opening, saying Dixon spent the day in his office at Petersen Events Center.
The Times-Picayune in New Orleans reported that LSU athletic director Joe Alleva spoke with Dixon in Atlanta on Wednesday.
Dixon declined comment through a university spokesman. LSU officials did not return a telephone message.
Dixon, who has led Pitt to eight NCAA Tournaments in the past nine years, received a two-year contract extension in 2010 that ties him to Pitt for the next six seasons.
LSU is looking to replace Trent Johnson, who resigned this week and accepted the job at TCU.
Other candidates for the LSU job included former New Mexico State coach Reggie Theus and Harvard coach Tommy Amaker, the Times-Picayune reported. The Associated Press reported LSU has interviewed North Texas` Johnny Jones.
Note: The Pitt women`s basketball team on Wednesday signed guard Brittany Gordon of South Charleston (W.Va.) High School to a letter of intent. Gordon averaged 23.5 points, 4.0 rebounds and 3.7 assists per game this season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates send Decker to Indy to clear roster space for Morse
- Former Pennsylvania Sen. Richard Schweiker dies at 89
- Steelers activate Pro Bowl center Maurkice Pouncey
- Large crowd mourns woman allegedly killed by escapee
- Broken water main creates sinkhole that swallows truck in Overbrook
- Steelers’ Harrison awaits go-ahead from Tomlin before practicing
- Slot cornerback Boykin should give Steelers options in secondary
- City Council approves ordinance requiring paid sick leave
- Heroin, marijuana found in car, driver arrested
- Pittsburgh Police looking for dark blue BMW that hit cyclist in East Liberty
- Actress Dushku displaced from Pittsburgh hotel by One Direction