Goodell, Ravenstahl to attend W&J homecoming
College Football Videos
Roger Goodell, commissioner of the NFL, and Luke Ravenstahl, mayor of Pittsburgh, will be among the more than 1,000 alumni at Washington & Jefferson College's Homecoming festivities this weekend. Goodell (class of 1981) and Ravenstahl (2003) will serve as honorary co-captains at the Presidents' 2 p.m. football game against Westminster. As part of pregame activities, Ravenstahl and Goodell will be joined by W&J president Tori Haring-Smith for the coin toss. Ravenstahl, 26, was the starting W&J placekicker for three years, and he still holds the school record for career field goals made and most consecutive extra points.
Clarion announced the hiring of Ethan Bosch as assistant wrestling coach. Bosch, who has international experience, is a former U.S. Open national champion, a U.S. Olympic alternate and also earned bronze medals at the World Cup in 2001 and 2002. Bosch comes to Clarion from Blackhawk High School, where he was the head wrestling coach in the 2005-06 season.
The CCAC-South baseball team won the Western Pennsylvania Collegiate Conference tournament over the weekend. CCAC-South, which outscored its opponents by a combined 20-3, will meet Eastern Pennsylvania Collegiate Conference tournament champion Northampton C.C. in Bethlehem for the NJCAA Pennsylvania Collegiate Athletic Association championship.
The starting time for Duquesne's football game Saturday at St. Peter's has been changed from 1 p.m. to noon.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: At start, are Pens already finished?
- Identical twins born at West Penn Hospital a rare medical marvel
- Pittsburgh Public evacuates 3 schools after voicemail threat
- Embattled VFW mulls image among declining numbers
- Professor, lawyer with Pittsburgh ties earn MacArthur ‘genius grants’
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger still hurting after hard hit from Ravens’ Upshaw
- City of Pittsburgh detective, 2 boys finalize adoption before judge
- Priest on leave as feds probe Somerset County church
- Pennsylvania senator wants to arm school teachers, employees
- Steelers notebook: RT Gilbert not in danger of losing his job
- Cyclist injured after crashing into truck in Murrysville