WVU's White to play Saturday
College Football Videos
West Virginia quarterback Pat White is expected to play this Saturday against Syracuse. White left the game in the third quarter of the Mountaineers' win against Rutgers Saturday, but West Virginia coach Bill Stewart said on a conference call today that White is OK.
"If everything progresses as we think, he'll be in the lineup on Saturday," Stewart said. "He does not have a concussion. He's OK."
White took a hard hit to the helmet in the third quarter and was taken to the locker room after he walked off the field. White did return to the sidelines, but backup quarterback Jarrett Brown played the rest of the game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins acquire defensemen Lovejoy, Cole in deadline deals
- Starkey: Penguins not mortgaging future
- Carnegie Mellon expert to school Congress on security
- Elizabeth Township promotes police veteran to chief
- New Kensington businessman’s discipline brought success
- Frazer police receive state funding for more undercover patrols at Mills
- McKeesport Tuesday takes
- Penguins GM Rutherford not counting on Dupuis’ return
- Upper Burrell officials consider changing public comment rules
- No tag for Worilds; Steelers cut Moore
- New Kensington council looks ahead to summer projects