Pitt's Lee wins scholar-athlete award
College Football Videos
Kicker Conor Lee was named the Big East football Scholar-Athlete of the Year on Thursday, becoming only the second Pitt player to earn such an honor.
Lee, 24, of Upper St. Clair, will receive a $2,000 scholarship toward graduate or professional studies. He earned dual degrees in business and economics in April, and is pursuing an MBA at the Katz School of Business.
Pitt's Vince Crochunis earned the award in 2004.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wintry weather in forecast for Mon-Yough area
- Race for Pennsylvania’s 39th Legislative District one to watch
- Twin Rivers COG takes another step toward finalizing merger with Steel Valley
- McKeesport basketball tournament to assist homeless veterans
- Hackers’ new Dyre malware infects W.Pa. computers, vexes FBI cyber agents
- 5 Cal U football players arrested for assault; Saturday’s game canceled
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up
- Steelers notebook: Fully healthy, rookie WR Bryant progressing fast
- Fleury, Penguins too much for Kings
- Police: Man wanted in fatal ambush of Pennsylvania trooper finally captured
- Pirates likely to seek pitcher, catcher when free agency starts