Pitt's Lee wins scholar-athlete award
College Football Videos
Kicker Conor Lee was named the Big East football Scholar-Athlete of the Year on Thursday, becoming only the second Pitt player to earn such an honor.
Lee, 24, of Upper St. Clair, will receive a $2,000 scholarship toward graduate or professional studies. He earned dual degrees in business and economics in April, and is pursuing an MBA at the Katz School of Business.
Pitt's Vince Crochunis earned the award in 2004.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Crosby, Malkin to miss start of Penguins camp
- Pittsburgh motorists get fewer parking tickets, pay more at meters
- Steelers defense a long way from ‘greatest of all time’
- ‘First-class’ hotel planned in Oakland
- Air Conditioning Contractors, Peoples partner on furnace cleanings for low-income residents
- Charges filed against man shot by police in Bell Township
- Number of jobs in high-tech industry outpace workers in Pittsburgh, nation
- Starkey: Two amazing Pirates fans
- Slain trooper eulogized as impeccable officer
- Video posted online captures Wilkinsburg child’s injuries
- Police: Penn Township man was ‘lonely,’ so he called 911