PSU coach, players honored by Big Ten
College Football Videos
Penn State men's basketball coach Ed DeChellis was named Big Ten coach of the year today by conference media.
The Monaca native led the Lions to a 21-10 regular season, equalling a school record for regular-season wins, with a 10-8 conference record. The 10 Big Ten wins were the most for Penn State since 1995-96.
DeChellis is 78-102 overall at Penn State.
Michigan State's Tom Izzo was the coaches' pick as conference coach of the year.
Sophomore point guard Talor Battle, who led the Big Ten in regular-season scoring with a 17.3-point average, was named first-team all-conference by media and coaches.
Senior forward Jamelle Cornley (13.9 points, 6.2 rebounds) was a second team pick by the conference media and third team by the coaches.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Trojans, Centurions battle for Class A crown
- Kiski Area to play football at Davis Field this season
- Tesla home battery at $7K, partnered with rooftop solar system, may help reduce power bills
- With space to spare, Pittsburgh International draws corporate jet carrier
- ‘Voice of Pittsburgh’ was proud of Mon Valley roots
- Steel Valley softball gets 3rd try at Seton-La Salle
- Pirates pitcher Morton turns in solid performance in win over Marlins
- Bus plans include RIDC Park in O’Hara
- Alle-Kiski Valley parades with pride on Memorial Day
- Highlands board votes to allow ads on website
- Accident at West Virginia’s Cheat Lake sends boaters to hospital