PSU coach, players honored by Big Ten
College Football Videos
Penn State men's basketball coach Ed DeChellis was named Big Ten coach of the year today by conference media.
The Monaca native led the Lions to a 21-10 regular season, equalling a school record for regular-season wins, with a 10-8 conference record. The 10 Big Ten wins were the most for Penn State since 1995-96.
DeChellis is 78-102 overall at Penn State.
Michigan State's Tom Izzo was the coaches' pick as conference coach of the year.
Sophomore point guard Talor Battle, who led the Big Ten in regular-season scoring with a 17.3-point average, was named first-team all-conference by media and coaches.
Senior forward Jamelle Cornley (13.9 points, 6.2 rebounds) was a second team pick by the conference media and third team by the coaches.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 2 dead in New Kensington shooting
- Rossi: Blount brings back Steelers’ swagger
- Steelers re-sign Keisel to bolster depth on defensive line
- Pittsburgh eagle webcam closes down for year
- Steelers are hoping to mirror Eagles’ full-bore, no-huddle offense
- Run game not primary focal point for Steelers
- Pittsburgh restaurants vie for title at Taste of the Championships
- Pitt, Penn State face competition for ticket sales
- All Pittsburgh Public Schools students to get free lunches starting this year
- Fight over August Wilson Center triggers series of legal skirmishes
- Connellsville’s blighted property ordinance overcomes first hurdle