PSU coach, players honored by Big Ten
College Football Videos
Penn State men's basketball coach Ed DeChellis was named Big Ten coach of the year today by conference media.
The Monaca native led the Lions to a 21-10 regular season, equalling a school record for regular-season wins, with a 10-8 conference record. The 10 Big Ten wins were the most for Penn State since 1995-96.
DeChellis is 78-102 overall at Penn State.
Michigan State's Tom Izzo was the coaches' pick as conference coach of the year.
Sophomore point guard Talor Battle, who led the Big Ten in regular-season scoring with a 17.3-point average, was named first-team all-conference by media and coaches.
Senior forward Jamelle Cornley (13.9 points, 6.2 rebounds) was a second team pick by the conference media and third team by the coaches.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers trade punter Wing to Giants for pick
- Judge convicts Homewood man of deadly jitney driver shooting
- Plum teacher asks judge to dismiss intimidation charges
- Pitt forward Maia injured during workouts
- 4-year-old transplant recipient Angelo Giorno dies, hospital says
- Steelers laud decision, praise Brady for taking on Goodell
- Vick supporters, opponents demonstrate before Steelers’ game, but coexist
- Judge will not recuse himself from Scaife case
- Gay couple receives marriage license from controversial Ky. clerk’s office
- Residents want crossing guard at spot where McKeesport student was struck, killed
- Construction to close roads in O’Hara, Baldwin Borough