PSU coach, players honored by Big Ten
College Football Videos
Penn State men's basketball coach Ed DeChellis was named Big Ten coach of the year today by conference media.
The Monaca native led the Lions to a 21-10 regular season, equalling a school record for regular-season wins, with a 10-8 conference record. The 10 Big Ten wins were the most for Penn State since 1995-96.
DeChellis is 78-102 overall at Penn State.
Michigan State's Tom Izzo was the coaches' pick as conference coach of the year.
Sophomore point guard Talor Battle, who led the Big Ten in regular-season scoring with a 17.3-point average, was named first-team all-conference by media and coaches.
Senior forward Jamelle Cornley (13.9 points, 6.2 rebounds) was a second team pick by the conference media and third team by the coaches.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police say burglars caught in the act in Beechview
- Suspects in attempted Upper St. Clair home invasion held for court on other charges
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- Pitt adds Texas wide receiver as 16th commitment to Class of 2015
- LeBeau won’t join Cardinals coaching staff
- Crosby understands rule prohibiting him from playing, stresses he is hurt
- NTSB: Better oversight needed to prevent natural gas pipeline accidents
- Ex-Steelers QB Batch creates sports medicine startup at Pitt
- Crosby banned from Jets game because he missed All-Star Game
- Allegheny County assistant public defender Capone charged with lying to court staff
- Pittsburgh cracks down on overcrowded houses