PSU coach, players honored by Big Ten
College Football Videos
Penn State men's basketball coach Ed DeChellis was named Big Ten coach of the year today by conference media.
The Monaca native led the Lions to a 21-10 regular season, equalling a school record for regular-season wins, with a 10-8 conference record. The 10 Big Ten wins were the most for Penn State since 1995-96.
DeChellis is 78-102 overall at Penn State.
Michigan State's Tom Izzo was the coaches' pick as conference coach of the year.
Sophomore point guard Talor Battle, who led the Big Ten in regular-season scoring with a 17.3-point average, was named first-team all-conference by media and coaches.
Senior forward Jamelle Cornley (13.9 points, 6.2 rebounds) was a second team pick by the conference media and third team by the coaches.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Reversing the field: Pirates continue to raid Yankees for hidden skill
- Former Pa. Gov. Corbett: From pension critic to collector
- Injuries to Penguins’ Ehrhoff, Letang force defense to pick up slack
- Five is enough for Penguins’ defensemen
- Ohio governor Kasich, a McKees Rocks native, considers presidential run
- Steelers’ Tomlin, Pirates’ Hurdle share similar philosophy
- Laurel Mountain Ski Resort discusses planned revival
- Pirates notebook: Locke the choice to be 5th starter
- Pgh. International leader strives to inject Pittsburgh flavor into airport
- Blaze guts South Greensburg home, kills 2 dogs
- Ligonier doctor’s appeal to practice rejected