Pitt suspends Gilbert Brown for fall semester
College Football Videos
Pitt announced Friday that forward Gilbert Brown was suspended from the men's basketball team for the fall semester for academic reasons.
The 6-foot-6, 200-pound redshirt junior from Harrisburg is expected to enroll at the end of the fall term, and could be eligible to rejoin the Panthers Dec. 20 before the beginning of Big East Conference play.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Starkey: Steelers’ road show boggles the mind
- Penguins fall to 0-3 after losing to Canadiens
- Winger Bennett is bright spot in Penguins’ sluggish start
- Mt. Lebanon approves sharpshooters for deer
- Black church leaders meeting in Pittsburgh target unity at Baptist convention
- New Pa. committee members believed to favor bill that OKs online gambling
- Rossi: Just wait until Ben comes back
- Wildcat formation is pulled back out of Steelers’ bag of tricks
- FirstEnergy turns to dewatering to help solve waste issues at power plant
- Nemacolin chef killed in wreck; other driver was fleeing police, will be charged
- Palmer Airport, Uber explore agreement on ride-sharing service