More WVU officers to work next home game
College Football Videos
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — West Virginia University plans to beef up police presence outside the university's basketball arena after students rushing to get inside damaged two doors at a recent game.
WVU Police Chief Bob Roberts said students will be asked to enter single file for the Mountaineers' game against Seton Hall on Feb. 20. Bicycle racks will be placed near the doors to keep fans in an orderly line.
Roberts said about 28 officers, up from 24, will be on duty for the game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- No bitter brew for Mercer over reduced playing time after injury
- In reworking contract, Steelers WR Brown gets hefty pay raise
- ‘Cadillac tax’ hangs over insurance costs
- Pirates notebook: 6 September call-ups include first-timer Diaz
- Youngstown State seeks repeat performance against Pitt
- 2-year-old boy shot, killed in North Side
- Steelers notebook: LB Harrison believes Goodell will prevail in Brady ruling
- Tomlin: Steelers were prepared for Bryant suspension as far back as draft
- World War II ship welcomed by cheers in Ambridge
- Bomb squad investigating suspicious package at Murrysville Post Office
- Hungary bars migrants from trains, raising fears they’ll turn to smugglers