More WVU officers to work next home game
College Football Videos
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — West Virginia University plans to beef up police presence outside the university's basketball arena after students rushing to get inside damaged two doors at a recent game.
WVU Police Chief Bob Roberts said students will be asked to enter single file for the Mountaineers' game against Seton Hall on Feb. 20. Bicycle racks will be placed near the doors to keep fans in an orderly line.
Roberts said about 28 officers, up from 24, will be on duty for the game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Medicare payments to tie doctor, hospital payments to quality rather than volume of care
- Business roundup: IBM “flatly denies” report of mass layoffs; more
- Interest rates likely to stay low until fall
- Crosby banned from Jets game because he missed All-Star Game
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- Pittsburgh cracks down on overcrowded houses
- College Basketball Tuesday: Standout freshmen guards meet in Big Ten showdown
- Lower Burrell 5th-grader illustrates power of kindness with cancer charity
- LeBeau won’t join Cardinals coaching staff
- MSA Safety products in demand to protect workers in dangerous jobs
- North Belle Vernon man accused of stalking girl, 13