West Virginia plans to honor fallen miners
College Football Videos
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — West Virginia's football players will wear a helmet decal honoring the 29 coal miners killed in the Upper Big Branch Mine explosion April 5.
Coach Bill Stewart said Wednesday that players will wear the decals at the team's annual Gold-Blue game on April 30 and throughout the 2010 football season.
The decal will be a white circle with a black No. 29 in the middle.
Stewart says the miners' work ethic is what the Mountaineers' program is all about.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Starting DEs not leaving the field
- Frazier flexes defensive muscles in shutout of Beth-Center
- Roundup: Uncle Charley’s Sausage expands sales to Maryland, Virginia; SABMiller meets with investors amid takeover bid; more
- West Mifflin limits chances for Laurel Highlands, wins 28-17
- Heating oil costs lowest in years
- Sewer system lease could dissolve McKeesport’s municipal authority
- Baldwin students take in film on Nobel Peace Prize winner’s activism for girls, education
- South Fayette extends winning streak in dominating fashion
- Pittsburgh zoo receives $9M gift — largest ever — from Mellon Foundation
- Opposing TEs Miller, Gates took differing paths to greatness
- Greensburg Salem school bus route changes complete