West Virginia plans to honor fallen miners
College Football Videos
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — West Virginia's football players will wear a helmet decal honoring the 29 coal miners killed in the Upper Big Branch Mine explosion April 5.
Coach Bill Stewart said Wednesday that players will wear the decals at the team's annual Gold-Blue game on April 30 and throughout the 2010 football season.
The decal will be a white circle with a black No. 29 in the middle.
Stewart says the miners' work ethic is what the Mountaineers' program is all about.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates’ Worley tosses 4-hit shutout vs. Giants
- Undefeated West Mifflin set to open American Legion state tournament
- Pirates expect high prices in trade market
- Rain postpones Monday’s Fayette County Baseball League playoff games
- Freeport grad picks PSAC’s Mercyhurst
- Steelers hoping that youth movement breathes life into team
- Inside the ropes: Shazier shows off speed
- Pittsburgh Brewing tries to reconnect with region, return to glory days
- Marine recalls sights, sounds of Saigon: April 30, 1975 — the day the U.S. Embassy closed
- Steelers notebook: Team hasn’t called on Keisel, Harrison yet
- Westmoreland women stole thousands to finance dog show appearances