West Virginia plans to honor fallen miners
College Football Videos
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — West Virginia's football players will wear a helmet decal honoring the 29 coal miners killed in the Upper Big Branch Mine explosion April 5.
Coach Bill Stewart said Wednesday that players will wear the decals at the team's annual Gold-Blue game on April 30 and throughout the 2010 football season.
The decal will be a white circle with a black No. 29 in the middle.
Stewart says the miners' work ethic is what the Mountaineers' program is all about.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Connellsville’s St. Rita Christian Mothers to hold Nationality Day
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- Indian Creek Valley Community Center demolition under way
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Connellsville Mum Festival to be held Saturday
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump