West Virginia plans to honor fallen miners
College Football Videos
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — West Virginia's football players will wear a helmet decal honoring the 29 coal miners killed in the Upper Big Branch Mine explosion April 5.
Coach Bill Stewart said Wednesday that players will wear the decals at the team's annual Gold-Blue game on April 30 and throughout the 2010 football season.
The decal will be a white circle with a black No. 29 in the middle.
Stewart says the miners' work ethic is what the Mountaineers' program is all about.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: No discipline for Capitals’ Wilson
- Ruling favors Vikings’ Peterson, sets up reinstatement
- Shoulder injury sidelines top-seeded 126-pounder at WPIAL wrestling tournament
- Pennsylvania House passes liquor system privatization bill
- Rossi: Winnik nice, but not enough for Penguins
- Bettman `intrigued’ by possible outdoor game at Beaver Stadium
- Woman charged for holding teen drinking party after video found at Penn-Trafford
- Previously convicted of embezzlement, Mt. Pleasant postal worker accused of mail theft
- Ukrainian sides pull heavy weapons from front in 11th-hour effort to comply with Minsk agreement
- Pirates willing to consider high salary to keep star McCutchen
- Federal grand jury indicts chief operations manager for Pittsburgh office of Horizons Hospice