West Virginia plans to honor fallen miners
College Football Videos
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — West Virginia's football players will wear a helmet decal honoring the 29 coal miners killed in the Upper Big Branch Mine explosion April 5.
Coach Bill Stewart said Wednesday that players will wear the decals at the team's annual Gold-Blue game on April 30 and throughout the 2010 football season.
The decal will be a white circle with a black No. 29 in the middle.
Stewart says the miners' work ethic is what the Mountaineers' program is all about.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Central Catholic holds ‘emotional’ ceremony for Marino
- Boras: Alvarez’s power is too valuable for Pirates to let him leave
- Pirates showing interest in starting pitcher Masterson
- Steelers notebook: Opportunity awaits Boykin
- Pitt guard Robinson says free-wheeling offense is ‘a lot of fun’
- No shortage of offensive weapons for Aliquippa, Karns City in PIAA game
- Gorman: Aliquippa’s Jordan stars in any role
- WVU’s defensive linemen improving as pass rushers
- House votes to thwart power plant regulations
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger remains in concussion protocol
- WPIAL Class AA girls basketball preview: Seton-La Salle’s 4th coach in 5 seasons offers unique perspective