Pitt hoops to add Providence assistant
College Football Videos
Pitt men's basketball coach Jamie Dixon is expected to add Providence assistant Pat Skerry to his staff.
Skerry, 40, fills the vacancy created when Marshall hired former assistant Tom Herrion as its head coach. Sherry, who spent the past two seasons under Keno Davis at Providence, has deep recruiting ties in New England and at prep schools on the East Coast.
Skerry is in his 18th year as a college coach, including three seasons as an assistant at Rhode Island. He also worked as an assistant at College of Charleston — with Herrion — as well as at William & Mary and Northeastern.
Pitt is expected to announce the move later this week.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Harrison eyes stretch run
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin ends practice with third-down work
- Penguins co-owner Lemieux snuffs rumored rift with Crosby
- Emotional send-off awaits Pitt seniors
- Starkey: Artie Rowell’s incredible odyssey
- Pirates sign free agent 1B-OF Goebbert, RHP Webster
- Warrants issued for women accused of prostitution in New Stanton sting
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not grooming successor to RB Williams
- Explosion claims life of Washington County garage owner
- Attorney wants evidence from South Allegheny teacher’s cellphone thrown out
- NFL notebook: Gifford had CTE, family says