Pitt hoops to add Providence assistant
College Football Videos
Pitt men's basketball coach Jamie Dixon is expected to add Providence assistant Pat Skerry to his staff.
Skerry, 40, fills the vacancy created when Marshall hired former assistant Tom Herrion as its head coach. Sherry, who spent the past two seasons under Keno Davis at Providence, has deep recruiting ties in New England and at prep schools on the East Coast.
Skerry is in his 18th year as a college coach, including three seasons as an assistant at Rhode Island. He also worked as an assistant at College of Charleston — with Herrion — as well as at William & Mary and Northeastern.
Pitt is expected to announce the move later this week.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- Parents alerted to luring attempt of fourth-grade girl in Springdale
- LCB, Duquesne University police recover rare bourbon in illegal sale
- Driver leaps from sliding truck just before it topples down hillside in Fawn
- EPA urges further review of nuclear waste dump in Parks Township
- BNY Mellon expands role for treasury exec
- Endowment of $3.49B makes University of Pittsburgh 25th richest in U.S.
- Gunman sought in gas station robberies in Jefferson, Buffalo townships
- 3 arrested in recent McKeesport business burglaries
- Area basketball teams embrace opportunities to play for championships
- Winfield Township to try road treatment mix