Pitt hoops to add Providence assistant
College Football Videos
Pitt men's basketball coach Jamie Dixon is expected to add Providence assistant Pat Skerry to his staff.
Skerry, 40, fills the vacancy created when Marshall hired former assistant Tom Herrion as its head coach. Sherry, who spent the past two seasons under Keno Davis at Providence, has deep recruiting ties in New England and at prep schools on the East Coast.
Skerry is in his 18th year as a college coach, including three seasons as an assistant at Rhode Island. He also worked as an assistant at College of Charleston — with Herrion — as well as at William & Mary and Northeastern.
Pitt is expected to announce the move later this week.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- Alle-Kiski Valley slips into the holiday spirit with Light Up Night festivities
- New Foxes girls coach O’Shea inherits talented team
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Small retailers at intersection of social networks, foot traffic
- For Pitt men’s basketball team, trouble in paradise
- Pitt beats Syracuse, snaps 3-game losing streak
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Islanders outwork Penguins to sweep back-to-back meetings
- Fayette County Crime Victims Center fundraising house tour returns after break
- Conneaut Lake Park to take case to court for tax-exempt status