Pitt lands two defensive end recruits
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Pitt beefed up its defensive line Friday.
Clairton defensive end Desimon Green, one of the WPIAL's most highly recruited players, and defensive end Max Issaka, from Woodbridge High School (N.J.), verbally committed to Pitt yesterday.
The 6-foot-5, 230-pound Green chose the Panthers over Texas Tech, Michigan and Michigan State.
The rising senior also plays quarterback for Clairton and led the Bears to the PIAA Class A title in 2009. He had a team-record 26 sacks as a junior, which caught the attention of nearly a dozen college programs. At quarterback, Green passed for more than 1,600 yards and rushed for 900 more last season.
The 6-foot-3, 220-pound Issaka, rated by Rivals.com as the No. 24 weakside defensive end in the nation, picked Pitt over Rutgers.
Pitt has landed three defensive ends in four days. Pitt has 14 verbal commitments for next year's class.
Green is the second WPIAL recruit for Pitt from the Class of 2011.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Rex Energy expanding gas production through new MarkWest plants in Butler County
- Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Sewickley Academy freshman making difference through love of science
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- Connellsville’s St. Rita Christian Mothers to hold Nationality Day
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- On border of Westmoreland, Fayette, Jacobs Creek section is sacred spot