Pitt lands two defensive end recruits
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Pitt beefed up its defensive line Friday.
Clairton defensive end Desimon Green, one of the WPIAL's most highly recruited players, and defensive end Max Issaka, from Woodbridge High School (N.J.), verbally committed to Pitt yesterday.
The 6-foot-5, 230-pound Green chose the Panthers over Texas Tech, Michigan and Michigan State.
The rising senior also plays quarterback for Clairton and led the Bears to the PIAA Class A title in 2009. He had a team-record 26 sacks as a junior, which caught the attention of nearly a dozen college programs. At quarterback, Green passed for more than 1,600 yards and rushed for 900 more last season.
The 6-foot-3, 220-pound Issaka, rated by Rivals.com as the No. 24 weakside defensive end in the nation, picked Pitt over Rutgers.
Pitt has landed three defensive ends in four days. Pitt has 14 verbal commitments for next year's class.
Green is the second WPIAL recruit for Pitt from the Class of 2011.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins see Stars, blanked by Dallas in opening game
- Sluggish wage growth may sap retail spending during winter holidays
- Mt. Pleasant school board to discuss website plan
- Plans for Excela orthopedic center move forward
- Roundup: GM recalls SUVs, tells owners not to use windshield wipers; Airlines post better on-time rate but get more complaints; more
- Greensburg Laurels & Lances
- Big games all around the area
- Volkswagen executive Horn sidesteps blame in emissions scandal
- VND high school roundup: Freeport’s Reichenbaugh leads wins in hockey, soccer
- Leader Times high school roundup: Freeport collects victories
- Charleroi, Bentworth keep winning