Pitt LB Dan Mason to miss season
College Football Videos
Pitt sophomore middle linebacker Dan Mason will undergo surgery and miss the rest of the season with a right knee injury.
Mason was injured in the third quarter of Thursday's 31-3 loss to Miami. Mason, a Penn Hills product, will be eligible for medical redshirt. He sustained a dislocated right knee cap and torn ligaments. He remained in the hospital as of Monday morning.
Also, Pitt shuffled its offensive line, moving Lucas Nix from right tackle to right guard to replace benched Greg Gaskins. Jordan Gibbs, a 6-foot-7, 305-pound junior, will start at right tackle.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Obama administration announces plan to limit smog-forming ozone
- Century III Mall’s Sears on track to close Dec. 7
- Parade to start off Winterfest in Glassport
- Youngwood gets 1st full-size grocery in nearly 20 years
- Police identify driver in North Side crash that killed pregnant woman
- No federal funds to help enforce Pa. ban on texting by drivers
- Stakes high as ex-Saints receiver Moore faces his former team
- Porterfield: Hunters’ breakfast buffet planned at Mill Run Grille
- Braddock agency is a lifeline for commuters
- Black Friday trends, tactics change, but Americans still love bargains
- Deer processing fee waived for Hunters Sharing the Harvest participants