Pitt LB Dan Mason to miss season
College Football Videos
Pitt sophomore middle linebacker Dan Mason will undergo surgery and miss the rest of the season with a right knee injury.
Mason was injured in the third quarter of Thursday's 31-3 loss to Miami. Mason, a Penn Hills product, will be eligible for medical redshirt. He sustained a dislocated right knee cap and torn ligaments. He remained in the hospital as of Monday morning.
Also, Pitt shuffled its offensive line, moving Lucas Nix from right tackle to right guard to replace benched Greg Gaskins. Jordan Gibbs, a 6-foot-7, 305-pound junior, will start at right tackle.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Protesters demonstrate against Mt. Lebanon deer culling program
- Tyler’s 20th, ‘A Spool of Blue Thread,’ is a miracle of sorts
- Gallagher formally becomes Pitt chancellor
- Ex-Brewers star Hart hopes to prove to Pirates he still can play
- Dark satire ‘Welcome to Braggsville’ targets race, gender
- Blackhawk girls take down South Fayette to repeat as WPIAL Class AAA champs
- Rostraver police investigating alleged sexual misconduct between Ringgold HS employee, student
- Vincentian girls dominate rival North Catholic for 4th straight WPIAL Class A title
- Carnegie Science Center’s ‘H2Oh!’ exhibit explores everything water
- Stone Age Britons got wheat from trade route
- Finding perfect pairing for Ehrhoff key for Penguins