Pitt LB Dan Mason to miss season
College Football Videos
Pitt sophomore middle linebacker Dan Mason will undergo surgery and miss the rest of the season with a right knee injury.
Mason was injured in the third quarter of Thursday's 31-3 loss to Miami. Mason, a Penn Hills product, will be eligible for medical redshirt. He sustained a dislocated right knee cap and torn ligaments. He remained in the hospital as of Monday morning.
Also, Pitt shuffled its offensive line, moving Lucas Nix from right tackle to right guard to replace benched Greg Gaskins. Jordan Gibbs, a 6-foot-7, 305-pound junior, will start at right tackle.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penn State succumbs to No. 13 Ohio State in two overtimes
- Pitt notebook: Conner quietly surpasses 1,000 yards rushing
- Pittsburgh Mills mall stability questioned
- Springdale to get kayak launch, other riverfront improvements
- Butler County Historical Society acquires 1928 Austin C Cab Van
- Penguins’ Crosby OK with Neal comments about trade
- Underestimated income to cost insured workers
- Starkey: Chryst missed his only shot
- Mini goes mainstream
- Pirates must weigh risk, reward in attempt to sign Martin
- McCandless library offers chance to ‘Meet Our Local Authors’