Pitt LB Dan Mason to miss season
College Football Videos
Pitt sophomore middle linebacker Dan Mason will undergo surgery and miss the rest of the season with a right knee injury.
Mason was injured in the third quarter of Thursday's 31-3 loss to Miami. Mason, a Penn Hills product, will be eligible for medical redshirt. He sustained a dislocated right knee cap and torn ligaments. He remained in the hospital as of Monday morning.
Also, Pitt shuffled its offensive line, moving Lucas Nix from right tackle to right guard to replace benched Greg Gaskins. Jordan Gibbs, a 6-foot-7, 305-pound junior, will start at right tackle.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Founder of Z&M Cycle Sales in Hempfield killed in Florida motorcycle crash
- New Florence man charged with killing police officer
- State Supreme Court: Highmark Medicare Advantage members to retain in-network access to UPMC
- Cheyney University’s accreditation in jeopardy because of financial woes
- Baseball America names Pirates as organization of the year
- Lane restrictions announced for portion of Route 28
- Steelers stalled by Seahawks, on outside of AFC wild-card picture
- Steelers players say they support Tomlin’s attempts at deception
- Pedestrian struck on East Crawford Avenue in Connellsville
- Penguins centermen enjoying better faceoff success rate this season
- Regoli won’t seek recount in Westmoreland County judge election