Pitt men announce Class of 2011
College Football Videos
The Pitt men's basketball team has signed four players to National Letters of Intent, the school announced Tuesday.
The Class of 2011 is comprised of Jaylen Bond, a 6-foot-7 forward from Norristown Plymouth-Whitemarsh; Malcolm Gilbert, a 6-11 center from the Academy of the New Church in Bryn Athyn; Durand Johnson, a 6-6 wing from Baltimore; and John Johnson, a 6-1 point guard from Philadelphia. Pitt's Class of 2011 is ranked No. 18 by MaxPreps.com.
"Good size, good athleticism," coach Jamie Dixon said. "Obviously, we were focusing on size this year. They are good kids. They are going to get better. They work hard, and they play hard. That's why guys get better. These four kids will definitely improve. I am definitely excited about them."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Body found in Allegheny River in Harrison
- 3 police hurt in shooting near Colo. Planned Parenthood clinic
- Absenteeism high on first day back after Peters Township teacher strike
- Steelers notebook: Linebacker Timmons hoping for contract extension
- 5 injured in Route 51 crash in Rostraver
- Indiana County school employee allegedly showed 2 students an inappropriate photo
- Small stores take big gamble by not upgrading credit card readers
- Chief justice revokes Feudale’s senior judge status
- School lunch group hopes to revise rules it calls impractical, too restrictive
- Steelers plan to use smart pass rush against Seattle QB Wilson
- Penguins 4th line is showing promise