Pitt men announce Class of 2011
College Football Videos
The Pitt men's basketball team has signed four players to National Letters of Intent, the school announced Tuesday.
The Class of 2011 is comprised of Jaylen Bond, a 6-foot-7 forward from Norristown Plymouth-Whitemarsh; Malcolm Gilbert, a 6-11 center from the Academy of the New Church in Bryn Athyn; Durand Johnson, a 6-6 wing from Baltimore; and John Johnson, a 6-1 point guard from Philadelphia. Pitt's Class of 2011 is ranked No. 18 by MaxPreps.com.
"Good size, good athleticism," coach Jamie Dixon said. "Obviously, we were focusing on size this year. They are good kids. They are going to get better. They work hard, and they play hard. That's why guys get better. These four kids will definitely improve. I am definitely excited about them."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steel Valley keeps taxes flat in 2015-16 budget
- SummerFest taking shape for 2nd year in Ford City
- Rural Valley celebration to mark fire department’s 100th year
- Apollo-Ridge students connect world, science
- Former Ford City superintendent charged with killing family member in Texas
- Pirates pound Padres for 7th consecutive victory
- UPMC McKeesport’s stroke team recognized
- Steelers’ defense unfazed by noise, believes in potential
- LaBar: Future of Rusev in WWE critical
- Starkey: NHL playoffs suddenly sublime
- Dormont man missing since Wednesday found dead at Station Square