Two more Pitt assistants find jobs
College Football Videos
Pitt defensive coordinator Phil Bennett and assistant head coach/defensive line coach Greg Gattuso have accepted positions at other schools.
Bennett has agreed to become defensive coordinator at Baylor, while Gattuso has accepted a position on Randy Edsall's staff at Maryland.
They become the third and fourth members of Dave Wannstedt's staff to find jobs at other schools since he was forced to resign Dec. 7. Offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach Frank Cignetti and secondary coach Jeff Hafley already have joined Greg Schiano's staff at Rutgers.
Bennett is serving as the Panthers' interim coach against Kentucky for Saturday's Compass Bowl in Birmingham, Ala., while Gattuso will act as defensive coordinator.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers opt for youth, speed while revamping roster
- Steelers finalize 53-man roster
- Pirates’ Polanco runs into rookie wall
- Biertempfel: First base becoming new hot corner for Pirates
- 3 wrecks Saturday keep emergency responders busy
- Starkey: Pitt does its duty
- Pirates edge Reds, 3-2, for 4th consecutive victory
- Pitt cruises past Delaware in season opener
- Pennsylvania Gov. Corbett’s Medicaid change expected to have little impact with voters
- Pirates minor league report: Bell concluding breakout season
- Woman killed in Fayette County van-motorcycle collision