Pitt sets new mark for Petersen Events Center crowd
College Football Videos
» The largest on-campus crowd to see a basketball game at Pitt packed 12,508-seat Petersen Events Center with 12,925 fans Monday, including many Steelers and former Pitt football and basketball players. The attendance broke the old mark of 12,920 set against Villanova on Feb. 21, 2010.
» Senior center Gary McGhee earned Big East recognition for the first time in his career when he was named to the five-man conference weekly honor roll yesterday. McGhee averaged 10.5 points and 9.5 rebounds in victories over Georgetown and Providence.
» Pitt wore its new Nike Hyper Elite uniforms for the first time last night. The uniforms, awarded by Nike to a handful of top national programs, feature graphics on the back of the Cathedral of Learning, the university seal, the Oakland Zoo and panthers' whiskers.
» With leading scorer Kris Joseph staying behind in Syracuse after hitting his head on the court during Saturday's victory over Cincinnati, sophomore forward James Southerland made his first career start.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates trade for Mariners’ Happ
- Armstrong escapee caught; murder charges pending
- Heyl: Longtime disc jockey Jimmy Roach to turn dismissal into brighter times
- Inside the Steelers: Rookie linebacker Chickillo continues to excel
- Steelers’ reserve quarterbacks vie to secure spot behind Roethlisberger, Gradkowski
- Pirates’ Burnett endures another poor start in blowout loss to Reds
- Experimental Ebola vaccine could stop virus in West Africa
- Pirates bolster bullpen by trading for former closer Soria
- Judge rules McCullough guilty of taking money from elderly woman’s estate
- Steelers stress improved conditioning in attempt to play past injuries
- Starkey: Garoppolo baffles Steelers