Pitt sets new mark for Petersen Events Center crowd
College Football Videos
» The largest on-campus crowd to see a basketball game at Pitt packed 12,508-seat Petersen Events Center with 12,925 fans Monday, including many Steelers and former Pitt football and basketball players. The attendance broke the old mark of 12,920 set against Villanova on Feb. 21, 2010.
» Senior center Gary McGhee earned Big East recognition for the first time in his career when he was named to the five-man conference weekly honor roll yesterday. McGhee averaged 10.5 points and 9.5 rebounds in victories over Georgetown and Providence.
» Pitt wore its new Nike Hyper Elite uniforms for the first time last night. The uniforms, awarded by Nike to a handful of top national programs, feature graphics on the back of the Cathedral of Learning, the university seal, the Oakland Zoo and panthers' whiskers.
» With leading scorer Kris Joseph staying behind in Syracuse after hitting his head on the court during Saturday's victory over Cincinnati, sophomore forward James Southerland made his first career start.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Recent early retirements in NFL could be trend — or simply a coincidence
- Reversing the field: Pirates continue to raid Yankees for hidden skill
- Charleroi man jailed in teen sex assault case
- Steelers’ Tomlin, Pirates’ Hurdle share similar philosophy
- Business roundup: DEP to hold 1st hearing on Shell permit for cracker plant; more
- Mother of Kiski student files lawsuit against bus company, driver
- Dorfman: Fossil, Pilgrims Pride, Micron latest picks for Casualty List
- Injuries to Penguins’ Ehrhoff, Letang force defense to pick up slack
- Rostraver man arrested on multiple drug charges
- Apollo to assess owners of vacant properties
- Frazer residents rattled by potholes