Pitt sets new mark for Petersen Events Center crowd
College Football Videos
» The largest on-campus crowd to see a basketball game at Pitt packed 12,508-seat Petersen Events Center with 12,925 fans Monday, including many Steelers and former Pitt football and basketball players. The attendance broke the old mark of 12,920 set against Villanova on Feb. 21, 2010.
» Senior center Gary McGhee earned Big East recognition for the first time in his career when he was named to the five-man conference weekly honor roll yesterday. McGhee averaged 10.5 points and 9.5 rebounds in victories over Georgetown and Providence.
» Pitt wore its new Nike Hyper Elite uniforms for the first time last night. The uniforms, awarded by Nike to a handful of top national programs, feature graphics on the back of the Cathedral of Learning, the university seal, the Oakland Zoo and panthers' whiskers.
» With leading scorer Kris Joseph staying behind in Syracuse after hitting his head on the court during Saturday's victory over Cincinnati, sophomore forward James Southerland made his first career start.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ex-Va. lawmaker plans to wed teen in sex scandal
- Westmoreland used car dealers indicted in fraud
- Struggling Pirates SS Mercer finding himself out on infield’s left side
- Steelers offensive line targeting injury-free performance as key
- Mon-Yough communities prepare for Memorial Day
- Authority sees new focus for county airport
- Starkey: Patriots’ legacy forever stained
- West Mifflin adds staff for summer lunch program
- Plum witnesses seen entering grand jury building in Dormont
- U.S. Steel gives $60,000 to scholarship program to help Mon-Yough area schools
- Developer hopes to make Allegheny Center a tech hub