Graham lands Texas recruit for Pitt
College Football Videos
Pitt coach Todd Graham's ties to Texas helped secure another verbal commitment today when Jason Frimpong of Irving MacArthur High School said he will attend Pitt.
Frimpong, who played several positions in high school, had committed to Tulsa before Graham left there earlier this month to come to Pitt. He also had offers from Memphis and Wisconsin. Pitt plans to use Frimpong, 5-foot-11, 180 pounds, at cornerback.
Previously, running back Corey Davis of Gladewater, Texas, committed to Pitt after saying he would follow Graham and his staff wherever they went.
Graham also has commitments from running backs Isaac Bennett of Booker T. Washington High School in Tulsa and Malcolm Crockett of Friendship Collegiate Academy in Washington D.C.; and wide receiver Darius Patton of Poland (Ohio) Seminary.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Steelers’ tarnished Bell rings true
- Pirates win 5th straight as offense continues to click in win over Marlins
- Vandals ruin Ligonier Township farmers’ garden
- UPMC offering buyouts to 3,500 employees in cost-cutting move
- Arrest made in 2014 case of Blawnox man found dead in Oakland
- Tomlin gives suggestion Steelers won’t be shy about going for 2
- Pirates notebook: Struggling Polanco held out of starting lineup
- Steelers notebook: LB Harrison open for larger role
- Steelers’ Brown: Attendance ‘never a doubt’ for offseason workouts
- Plum schools, dealing with sex scandal, to form panel in June
- Ligonier Township K-9 officer home to recover from deadly collision