Graham lands Texas recruit for Pitt
College Football Videos
Pitt coach Todd Graham's ties to Texas helped secure another verbal commitment today when Jason Frimpong of Irving MacArthur High School said he will attend Pitt.
Frimpong, who played several positions in high school, had committed to Tulsa before Graham left there earlier this month to come to Pitt. He also had offers from Memphis and Wisconsin. Pitt plans to use Frimpong, 5-foot-11, 180 pounds, at cornerback.
Previously, running back Corey Davis of Gladewater, Texas, committed to Pitt after saying he would follow Graham and his staff wherever they went.
Graham also has commitments from running backs Isaac Bennett of Booker T. Washington High School in Tulsa and Malcolm Crockett of Friendship Collegiate Academy in Washington D.C.; and wide receiver Darius Patton of Poland (Ohio) Seminary.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 2 dead, including student gunman, after Wash. school shooting
- Pirates to end spring in Philadelphia again, sign Stinson to minor league deal
- Wilkinsburg couple arrested after baby girl dies following beating
- Ferrante trial: Cyanide order form in plain sight
- Predators winger Neal caught ‘blindsided’ by trade from Penguins
- PennDOT warns of delays next week on Butler Street near Highland Park Bridge
- State’s ‘public-private’ transportation deal will replace 53 bridges in Allegheny County
- Authorities: Remains belong to missing Va. student
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- Howard Hanna family donates $1M for business student scholarships at University of Pittsburgh
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans