Graham lands Texas recruit for Pitt
College Football Videos
Pitt coach Todd Graham's ties to Texas helped secure another verbal commitment today when Jason Frimpong of Irving MacArthur High School said he will attend Pitt.
Frimpong, who played several positions in high school, had committed to Tulsa before Graham left there earlier this month to come to Pitt. He also had offers from Memphis and Wisconsin. Pitt plans to use Frimpong, 5-foot-11, 180 pounds, at cornerback.
Previously, running back Corey Davis of Gladewater, Texas, committed to Pitt after saying he would follow Graham and his staff wherever they went.
Graham also has commitments from running backs Isaac Bennett of Booker T. Washington High School in Tulsa and Malcolm Crockett of Friendship Collegiate Academy in Washington D.C.; and wide receiver Darius Patton of Poland (Ohio) Seminary.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ lookahead: New Orleans Saints
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Ehrhoff finding his way with Penguins
- FDA rule to require chain restaurants to post calorie counts
- Senior running back Bennett quietly filled role during Pitt career
- Roundup: Mazda recalls cars to fix tire pressure monitors; Wal-Mart’s top merchant out as key holiday nears; more
- Lower gas prices entice motorists to drive long distances for Thanksgiving
- U.S. Steel Tower tenants stand to benefit from company’s relocation
- Retailers that won’t open on Thanksgiving hope move pays off in long run
- Ferguson protesters march on Pittsburgh streets
- Westmoreland County, state AG to get funds from illegal lottery