Graham lands Texas recruit for Pitt
College Football Videos
Pitt coach Todd Graham's ties to Texas helped secure another verbal commitment today when Jason Frimpong of Irving MacArthur High School said he will attend Pitt.
Frimpong, who played several positions in high school, had committed to Tulsa before Graham left there earlier this month to come to Pitt. He also had offers from Memphis and Wisconsin. Pitt plans to use Frimpong, 5-foot-11, 180 pounds, at cornerback.
Previously, running back Corey Davis of Gladewater, Texas, committed to Pitt after saying he would follow Graham and his staff wherever they went.
Graham also has commitments from running backs Isaac Bennett of Booker T. Washington High School in Tulsa and Malcolm Crockett of Friendship Collegiate Academy in Washington D.C.; and wide receiver Darius Patton of Poland (Ohio) Seminary.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mt. Lebanon native, Iraq war hero’s action goes unrewarded
- NFL coaches weigh in on Polamalu’s legacy
- Hit sends Penguins’ Letang to hospital
- Probiotic bacteria help conquer ‘superbugs’
- Arab League gets serious on terrorism
- Wisconsin beats McConnell, Arizona, 85-78, to advance to Final Four
- Bordonaro boosts East girls to 79-72 victory in Cager Classic
- Shortfalls sabotage promise of a union retiree’s pension
- Pirates pitchers finding success with expanded strike zone
- Downie’s goal, fight spark Penguins to win over Coyotes
- Scaife additions to elevate status of two museums