Graham lands Texas recruit for Pitt
College Football Videos
Pitt coach Todd Graham's ties to Texas helped secure another verbal commitment today when Jason Frimpong of Irving MacArthur High School said he will attend Pitt.
Frimpong, who played several positions in high school, had committed to Tulsa before Graham left there earlier this month to come to Pitt. He also had offers from Memphis and Wisconsin. Pitt plans to use Frimpong, 5-foot-11, 180 pounds, at cornerback.
Previously, running back Corey Davis of Gladewater, Texas, committed to Pitt after saying he would follow Graham and his staff wherever they went.
Graham also has commitments from running backs Isaac Bennett of Booker T. Washington High School in Tulsa and Malcolm Crockett of Friendship Collegiate Academy in Washington D.C.; and wide receiver Darius Patton of Poland (Ohio) Seminary.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Pirates plan to carry Hurdle deep into playoffs
- Steelers’ Tomlin does not like his coaching style to be characterized
- State trooper shot and killed during training exercise
- Knife-wielding man attacks 2 in Sheetz lot in Greensburg
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- Coalition kicks off effort to revamp education funding
- Despres is relishing his regular role on Penguins’ blue line
- McKeesport council considers amending adult business ordinance
- Penguins notebook: Malkin picture muddy
- McKeesport man charged with sexually assaulting girl, 11
- Hospitals, doctors in Pa. received $32M in 5 months from drug, medical device companies