Graham lands Texas recruit for Pitt
College Football Videos
Pitt coach Todd Graham's ties to Texas helped secure another verbal commitment today when Jason Frimpong of Irving MacArthur High School said he will attend Pitt.
Frimpong, who played several positions in high school, had committed to Tulsa before Graham left there earlier this month to come to Pitt. He also had offers from Memphis and Wisconsin. Pitt plans to use Frimpong, 5-foot-11, 180 pounds, at cornerback.
Previously, running back Corey Davis of Gladewater, Texas, committed to Pitt after saying he would follow Graham and his staff wherever they went.
Graham also has commitments from running backs Isaac Bennett of Booker T. Washington High School in Tulsa and Malcolm Crockett of Friendship Collegiate Academy in Washington D.C.; and wide receiver Darius Patton of Poland (Ohio) Seminary.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Retail theft suspect takes off, leaves baby at Rostraver Township Walmart
- Pittsburgh hires consultant, former Wisconsin police captain as chief
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Tomlin: Steelers preparing to face both Browns QBs
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Bethel Park mortgage broker pleads guilty
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Parking Authority settles suit over kiosks
- More pipelines proposed to carry Marcellus gas to southeast markets
- Trac Fabrication all-terrain wheelchairs open world for disabled
- Trial opens in case of man shot, paralyzed during traffic stop altercation