Graham lands Texas recruit for Pitt
College Football Videos
Pitt coach Todd Graham's ties to Texas helped secure another verbal commitment today when Jason Frimpong of Irving MacArthur High School said he will attend Pitt.
Frimpong, who played several positions in high school, had committed to Tulsa before Graham left there earlier this month to come to Pitt. He also had offers from Memphis and Wisconsin. Pitt plans to use Frimpong, 5-foot-11, 180 pounds, at cornerback.
Previously, running back Corey Davis of Gladewater, Texas, committed to Pitt after saying he would follow Graham and his staff wherever they went.
Graham also has commitments from running backs Isaac Bennett of Booker T. Washington High School in Tulsa and Malcolm Crockett of Friendship Collegiate Academy in Washington D.C.; and wide receiver Darius Patton of Poland (Ohio) Seminary.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ejections, heated moments mark Pirates’ win over Reds
- Zimbabwe alleges Murrysville doctor illegally killed lion
- New Steeler Boykin clarifies remarks about former coach
- Pirates notebook: Burnett says ‘surgery is not an option’
- After early criticism, Haley has Steelers offense poised to be even better
- Making environmentalism divisive
- County council candidates chosen for District 11 ballot
- Rossi: Looking at the next great Steeler
- Steelers swap draft pick for Eagles cornerback
- Penguins not alone in top-heavy approach to salary cap
- Ability to clog the trenches crucial to Steelers defense