Pitt's Zanna out 3-6 weeks
College Football Videos
Pitt power forward Talib Zanna will be sidelined for 3-6 weeks after suffering a broken right thumb.
Zanna, a 6-foot-9 redshirt freshman, is averaging 3.7 points and 3.4 rebounds for the Panthers (24-3, 12-2).
Pitt didn't release any details how the injury occurred, but announced the Nigerian from Bishop McNamara (Md.) High School will undergo surgery Friday. Zanna is the top backup to starting power forward Nasir Robinson. The injury will mean more playing time for J.J. Richardson and possibly J.J. Moore and Lamar Patterson if Gilbert Brown takes some minutes at power forward.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- LCB, Duquesne University police recover rare bourbon in illegal sale
- Kennametal plans plant closings, job cuts in fallout from oil and gas decline
- Stat dropoff, road struggles have Penguins seeking consistency
- 3 in Westmoreland charged in painkiller ring
- Rossi: In Super city, everything but football matters
- Beloved North Side gardener gets new truck, paid for by her neighbors
- Pitt’s 2015 schedule includes 5 road games in 1st 7 games
- Slumping Pitt keeps chin up
- Driver leaps from sliding truck just before it topples down hillside in Fawn
- Heyl: Ice-covered anomaly floating in the Allegheny River presents mystery