Pitt's Zanna out 3-6 weeks
College Football Videos
Pitt power forward Talib Zanna will be sidelined for 3-6 weeks after suffering a broken right thumb.
Zanna, a 6-foot-9 redshirt freshman, is averaging 3.7 points and 3.4 rebounds for the Panthers (24-3, 12-2).
Pitt didn't release any details how the injury occurred, but announced the Nigerian from Bishop McNamara (Md.) High School will undergo surgery Friday. Zanna is the top backup to starting power forward Nasir Robinson. The injury will mean more playing time for J.J. Richardson and possibly J.J. Moore and Lamar Patterson if Gilbert Brown takes some minutes at power forward.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates win bidding for Korean infielder
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t ask for taunting clarification from league
- Worker at Mercer County center accused of illegal sexual contact with juveniles
- Pitt recruit Whitehead remains committed
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Leon Ford’s civil rights lawsuit can proceed, judge rules
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- French van driver carries out 3rd attack in 3 days
- Stocks push to record highs, continuing rally
- Tunisian election of political veteran Essebsi a return to regime
- Federal appeals court upholds ban on N.C. abortion law