Pitt's Zanna out 3-6 weeks
College Football Videos
Pitt power forward Talib Zanna will be sidelined for 3-6 weeks after suffering a broken right thumb.
Zanna, a 6-foot-9 redshirt freshman, is averaging 3.7 points and 3.4 rebounds for the Panthers (24-3, 12-2).
Pitt didn't release any details how the injury occurred, but announced the Nigerian from Bishop McNamara (Md.) High School will undergo surgery Friday. Zanna is the top backup to starting power forward Nasir Robinson. The injury will mean more playing time for J.J. Richardson and possibly J.J. Moore and Lamar Patterson if Gilbert Brown takes some minutes at power forward.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Comeau’s hat trick leads Penguins; Crosby reaches career points
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Fatal crash closes Flight 93 chapel in Somerset County
- Pitt plays best game of the season; routs Kansas State
- Pregnant woman struck by van in North Side dies; doctors save baby
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Starkey: Rutherford will add when timing’s right
- Pirates notebook: Autographs to come at a cost at PirateFest
- Police on hunt for suspects in unrelated Penn Township, Manor cases
- PIT wants non-passengers allowed past security to shop
- Penguins notebook: Bennett to miss about 2 weeks