Pitt's Zanna out 3-6 weeks
College Football Videos
Pitt power forward Talib Zanna will be sidelined for 3-6 weeks after suffering a broken right thumb.
Zanna, a 6-foot-9 redshirt freshman, is averaging 3.7 points and 3.4 rebounds for the Panthers (24-3, 12-2).
Pitt didn't release any details how the injury occurred, but announced the Nigerian from Bishop McNamara (Md.) High School will undergo surgery Friday. Zanna is the top backup to starting power forward Nasir Robinson. The injury will mean more playing time for J.J. Richardson and possibly J.J. Moore and Lamar Patterson if Gilbert Brown takes some minutes at power forward.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 2 dead in New Kensington shooting
- Rossi: Blount brings back Steelers’ swagger
- Steelers are hoping to mirror Eagles’ full-bore, no-huddle offense
- Run game not primary focal point for Steelers
- Steelers re-sign Keisel to bolster depth on defensive line
- All Pittsburgh Public Schools students to get free lunches starting this year
- DEP seeks to extinguish coal fire threatening visibility for air traffic at Pittsburgh airport
- Grand jury that heard testimony from Ravenstahl aides ends work
- Pittsburgh restaurants vie for title at Taste of the Championships
- Pitt, Penn State face competition for ticket sales
- Connellsville’s blighted property ordinance overcomes first hurdle