Pitt's Zanna out 3-6 weeks
College Football Videos
Pitt power forward Talib Zanna will be sidelined for 3-6 weeks after suffering a broken right thumb.
Zanna, a 6-foot-9 redshirt freshman, is averaging 3.7 points and 3.4 rebounds for the Panthers (24-3, 12-2).
Pitt didn't release any details how the injury occurred, but announced the Nigerian from Bishop McNamara (Md.) High School will undergo surgery Friday. Zanna is the top backup to starting power forward Nasir Robinson. The injury will mean more playing time for J.J. Richardson and possibly J.J. Moore and Lamar Patterson if Gilbert Brown takes some minutes at power forward.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Miffed Melancon finds success, will stick with his routine
- NFL Draft preview: QB crop thin after top 2
- Baylor’s Petty trying to buck stereotype
- Penguins president: General manager, coach won’t be fired
- Rossi: Crosby, Malkin didn’t sign on for this
- Hip science: Rock-star physicists make tough concepts easier to understand
- From Hill District to India and Alaska, salon owner’s 107 years full of color
- Plum school officials ignoring help, advocacy group’s chief says
- Development group sees huge potential in North Side
- Australians, Kiwis mark centenary of bloody battle
- Comcast covers Western Pa. with volunteers