Pitt's Zanna out 3-6 weeks
College Football Videos
Pitt power forward Talib Zanna will be sidelined for 3-6 weeks after suffering a broken right thumb.
Zanna, a 6-foot-9 redshirt freshman, is averaging 3.7 points and 3.4 rebounds for the Panthers (24-3, 12-2).
Pitt didn't release any details how the injury occurred, but announced the Nigerian from Bishop McNamara (Md.) High School will undergo surgery Friday. Zanna is the top backup to starting power forward Nasir Robinson. The injury will mean more playing time for J.J. Richardson and possibly J.J. Moore and Lamar Patterson if Gilbert Brown takes some minutes at power forward.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- FBI searches for suspect in Homestead bank robbery
- Secretary enters conspiracy plea for helping boss hide millions from IRS
- Tomlin: Steelers as healthy as can be expected at this point in season
- Hempfield man fights off intruders
- Colter, Mason lead Duquesne past Milwaukee in OT
- McIntyre students hope Buddy Bench is beneficial to all
- Steelers not giving up on wresting AFC North from Bengals
- Starkey: Farewell to NHL fighting
- New North Shore parking garage plan moves forward
- Rookie linebacker Chickillo adjusting to role with Steelers
- Bowl destination is at stake for Pitt football in regular-season finale