Pitt's Zanna out 3-6 weeks
College Football Videos
Pitt power forward Talib Zanna will be sidelined for 3-6 weeks after suffering a broken right thumb.
Zanna, a 6-foot-9 redshirt freshman, is averaging 3.7 points and 3.4 rebounds for the Panthers (24-3, 12-2).
Pitt didn't release any details how the injury occurred, but announced the Nigerian from Bishop McNamara (Md.) High School will undergo surgery Friday. Zanna is the top backup to starting power forward Nasir Robinson. The injury will mean more playing time for J.J. Richardson and possibly J.J. Moore and Lamar Patterson if Gilbert Brown takes some minutes at power forward.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Judge convicts Homewood man of deadly jitney driver shooting
- Steelers trade punter Wing to Giants for pick
- Plum teacher asks judge to dismiss intimidation charges
- Pitt forward Maia injured during workouts
- Vick supporters, opponents demonstrate before Steelers’ game, but coexist
- 4-year-old transplant recipient Angelo Giorno dies, hospital says
- Steelers laud decision, praise Brady for taking on Goodell
- Young guns lead way into pivotal Pirates-Cardinals series
- Belle Vernon woman visits ship like lander she helped build as WWII welder
- Pitt quarterback Voytik learning to be more relaxed leading offense
- Pirates notebook: McCutchen takes NL Player of the Month for 4th time