Penn State goes retro on football jerseys
College Football Videos
The Penn State football team's old-school jerseys will sport a retro look this fall, as the Nittany Lions will lose the colored trim on their necks and sleeves.
The new jerseys, announced on GoPSF.com Wednesday, will resemble Penn State's uniforms from the 1970s. Nike, which currently makes the jerseys, recently switched materials, making the trim unnecessary.
Penn State will wear its jerseys from last season in Saturday's Blue-White game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Founder of Z&M Cycle Sales in Hempfield killed in Florida motorcycle crash
- Starkey: Tomlin lived in his fears
- Slain St. Clair officer walked into ‘worst nightmare’ for police
- Increasing player salaries pinch financial flexibility of Pirates
- 2,200 union employees of ATI lose coverage
- 7 percent in Allegheny County allowed to carry concealed gun
- Steelers receiver Wheaton takes advantage of opportunity in breakout game
- Penguins’ reshuffled top line of Crosby, Dupuis, Kunitz looks familiar
- U.S. Marine found guilty of killing transgender Filipino
- Film session: Long shots dotted Steelers’ passing game
- No. 11 Purdue presents tall order for Pitt