Penn State goes retro on football jerseys
College Football Videos
The Penn State football team's old-school jerseys will sport a retro look this fall, as the Nittany Lions will lose the colored trim on their necks and sleeves.
The new jerseys, announced on GoPSF.com Wednesday, will resemble Penn State's uniforms from the 1970s. Nike, which currently makes the jerseys, recently switched materials, making the trim unnecessary.
Penn State will wear its jerseys from last season in Saturday's Blue-White game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: What are Penguins, Pirates up to?
- Capitals dominate overmatched Penguins in win at Verizon Center
- Pennsylvania Gov. Wolf to sign order barring drilling of new oil, gas wells in state forests, parks
- Police stop car in Beltzhoover, find body in back seat
- Lapierre eager to make mark with Penguins
- UPMC, Highmark disagree over payment of medical claims for children
- Coal truck, another hauling beer crash on Route 22
- Dixon vows to fix Pitt’s long-distance dilemma
- IRS scam snares another Westmoreland County resident
- For Penguins coach Johnston, it’s a matter of substance over style
- Penguins notebook: Johnston pleased with Downie’s all-around play