RMU, Duquesne conclude spring drills
College Football Videos
Robert Morris freshman quarterback Tony Johnson, a Steel Valley product, threw a 26-yard touchdown pass to sophomore tight end Andrew Smith (Seneca Valley), igniting a 25-point scoring spree for the White team, which rolled to a 52-27 victory over the Blue team Saturday at Joe Walton Stadium in the Colonials' spring football scrimmage.
Redshirt senior defensive back Tyler Overton recovered a fumble and intercepted a pass, and sophomore defensive lineman Steve Mitchell (Central Catholic) recorded a sack and fumble recovery for the White team. Freshman defensive back D.J. Myers (Central Catholic) returned an interception 56 yards for a touchdown for the Blue team.
• At Rooney Field, Duquesne completed spring practices with a controlled scrimmage, where no score was kept.
Sophomore quarterback Marty Mitchell completed 4 of 5 passes for 44 yards to guide the second-team offensive on a 70-yard scoring drive. Junior quarterback Sean Patterson completed his lone pass attempt to lead the first-team offense on one drive. Sophomore Ryan Ho, despite just two rushing attempts, led all runners with 38 yards.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Islanders outwork Penguins to sweep back-to-back meetings
- Penguins minor league notebook: Pouliot impresses early in season
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Egypt’s beleaguered tourism industry bounces back
- Leak of grand jury information could cost Attorney General Kane
- Springdale Library to pay rent to borough
- Pitt football notebook: Panthers’ depth at RB, offensive line shows against Syracuse
- Woman on dating site looks too good to be true: How to vet that pic
- The bullet inside your body ‘becomes a part of you’
- Allegheny County buck may prove to be state’s largest ever taken