RMU, Duquesne conclude spring drills
College Football Videos
Robert Morris freshman quarterback Tony Johnson, a Steel Valley product, threw a 26-yard touchdown pass to sophomore tight end Andrew Smith (Seneca Valley), igniting a 25-point scoring spree for the White team, which rolled to a 52-27 victory over the Blue team Saturday at Joe Walton Stadium in the Colonials' spring football scrimmage.
Redshirt senior defensive back Tyler Overton recovered a fumble and intercepted a pass, and sophomore defensive lineman Steve Mitchell (Central Catholic) recorded a sack and fumble recovery for the White team. Freshman defensive back D.J. Myers (Central Catholic) returned an interception 56 yards for a touchdown for the Blue team.
• At Rooney Field, Duquesne completed spring practices with a controlled scrimmage, where no score was kept.
Sophomore quarterback Marty Mitchell completed 4 of 5 passes for 44 yards to guide the second-team offensive on a 70-yard scoring drive. Junior quarterback Sean Patterson completed his lone pass attempt to lead the first-team offense on one drive. Sophomore Ryan Ho, despite just two rushing attempts, led all runners with 38 yards.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rogue Catholics in Society of St. Pius X to reopen West End church
- Norwin High School health teacher charged with selling heroin
- Lombardi leads IUP to brink of men’s basketball national title
- Eagle egg breaks, parents abandon nest
- Trooper severely injured when hit by own car
- Region’s Goodwill spends $51.6M in 2014, report says
- MLB commissioner: Pirates’ success starts in the front office
- Couple taken into custody after 8-hour standoff in Hempfield
- Pirates notebook: Locke makes bid for final rotation spot, Tabata cut
- Players respect coach, refuse to blame Johnston
- Malkin, Hornqvist return to Penguins lineup vs. Coyotes