RMU, Duquesne conclude spring drills
College Football Videos
Robert Morris freshman quarterback Tony Johnson, a Steel Valley product, threw a 26-yard touchdown pass to sophomore tight end Andrew Smith (Seneca Valley), igniting a 25-point scoring spree for the White team, which rolled to a 52-27 victory over the Blue team Saturday at Joe Walton Stadium in the Colonials' spring football scrimmage.
Redshirt senior defensive back Tyler Overton recovered a fumble and intercepted a pass, and sophomore defensive lineman Steve Mitchell (Central Catholic) recorded a sack and fumble recovery for the White team. Freshman defensive back D.J. Myers (Central Catholic) returned an interception 56 yards for a touchdown for the Blue team.
• At Rooney Field, Duquesne completed spring practices with a controlled scrimmage, where no score was kept.
Sophomore quarterback Marty Mitchell completed 4 of 5 passes for 44 yards to guide the second-team offensive on a 70-yard scoring drive. Junior quarterback Sean Patterson completed his lone pass attempt to lead the first-team offense on one drive. Sophomore Ryan Ho, despite just two rushing attempts, led all runners with 38 yards.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Bell’s last-second TD lifts Steelers over Chargers
- Rossi: Just wait until Ben comes back
- Jefferson Hills councilors get results of audit
- Steelers defense displays resiliency in victory over Chargers
- Forward supervisors skeptical Pangburn Hollow Road will be repaved this year
- Clairton joins Live Well Allegheny campaign
- Kittanning grad Miller finds team in junior hockey ranks
- Steelers notebook: Receiver Bryant inactive for game vs. Chargers
- Police, the Diamond top Ligonier Borough issues
- Pittsburgh police investigate fatal Mt. Washington shooting
- Education tech firm Acrobatiq does software to supplement college learning