RMU, Duquesne conclude spring drills
College Football Videos
Robert Morris freshman quarterback Tony Johnson, a Steel Valley product, threw a 26-yard touchdown pass to sophomore tight end Andrew Smith (Seneca Valley), igniting a 25-point scoring spree for the White team, which rolled to a 52-27 victory over the Blue team Saturday at Joe Walton Stadium in the Colonials' spring football scrimmage.
Redshirt senior defensive back Tyler Overton recovered a fumble and intercepted a pass, and sophomore defensive lineman Steve Mitchell (Central Catholic) recorded a sack and fumble recovery for the White team. Freshman defensive back D.J. Myers (Central Catholic) returned an interception 56 yards for a touchdown for the Blue team.
• At Rooney Field, Duquesne completed spring practices with a controlled scrimmage, where no score was kept.
Sophomore quarterback Marty Mitchell completed 4 of 5 passes for 44 yards to guide the second-team offensive on a 70-yard scoring drive. Junior quarterback Sean Patterson completed his lone pass attempt to lead the first-team offense on one drive. Sophomore Ryan Ho, despite just two rushing attempts, led all runners with 38 yards.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- Love locks tokens fall prey to renovations on Pittsburgh bridges
- Western Pa. districts aim to win back students from cyber charters
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds