RMU, Duquesne conclude spring drills
College Football Videos
Robert Morris freshman quarterback Tony Johnson, a Steel Valley product, threw a 26-yard touchdown pass to sophomore tight end Andrew Smith (Seneca Valley), igniting a 25-point scoring spree for the White team, which rolled to a 52-27 victory over the Blue team Saturday at Joe Walton Stadium in the Colonials' spring football scrimmage.
Redshirt senior defensive back Tyler Overton recovered a fumble and intercepted a pass, and sophomore defensive lineman Steve Mitchell (Central Catholic) recorded a sack and fumble recovery for the White team. Freshman defensive back D.J. Myers (Central Catholic) returned an interception 56 yards for a touchdown for the Blue team.
• At Rooney Field, Duquesne completed spring practices with a controlled scrimmage, where no score was kept.
Sophomore quarterback Marty Mitchell completed 4 of 5 passes for 44 yards to guide the second-team offensive on a 70-yard scoring drive. Junior quarterback Sean Patterson completed his lone pass attempt to lead the first-team offense on one drive. Sophomore Ryan Ho, despite just two rushing attempts, led all runners with 38 yards.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins GM prepares for emotional series against Carolina
- Phipps holiday show is flowery winter wonderland
- Police identify driver in North Side crash that killed pregnant woman
- Fashion FYI: Wearable art open house set in Jeannette
- Aerobics center offers services to Greensburg VFD
- Youngwood gets 1st full-size grocery in nearly 20 years
- 3 sets of siblings help Greensburg Central Catholic volleyball achieve championship success
- Historic Greensburg Art Center joins Cat’s Meow collection
- Holidays are perfect for a fresh take on wearing sequins
- ‘Streetcar’ follows track of well-worn period atmosphere
- Greensburg police captain to attend highly selective academy