Penn Hills receiver Corey Jones commits to Pitt
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Pitt's offense wasn't working as effectively as its fans had hoped against Buffalo, but it was enough to impress Penn Hills wide receiver Corey Jones, who gave coach Todd Graham a verbal commitment after Saturday night's game.
"I like that new offense," he said. "It's a quick-hitter and fast."
Jones, 5-foot-9 and 165 pounds, said Graham made him feel at home.
"He showed me a lot of love (throughout the recruiting process)," he said. "None of those other schools showed me that kind of love."
Jones, rated a three-star recruit by Rivals.com, had offers from Cincinnati, Kansas, Kent State, Maryland, Miami, Toledo and West Virginia.
He is the 15th recruit from the Class of 2012 to commit to Pitt and the fifth from Western Pennsylvania, joining Allderdice lineman Tyrique Jarrett, Upper St. Clair linebacker Dakota Conwell, Clairton receiver Trenton Coles and Sto-Rox cornerback Marzett Geter
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Linebacker Timmons hoping for contract extension
- Steelers plan to use smart pass rush against Seattle QB Wilson
- Kittanning News carries latest books by Boarts and Creel
- Penguins 4th line is showing promise
- Small Business Saturday events set in Connellsville
- Western Pa. students bristle at changing menu choices
- Western Pa. dairies get creative to ensure eggnog supply
- Yahoo investors losing patience with ‘star’ CEO Marissa Mayer
- Four helicopters respond to Route 51 crash in Rostraver
- Small stores take big gamble by not upgrading credit card readers
- School lunch group hopes to revise rules it calls impractical, too restrictive