Penn Hills receiver Corey Jones commits to Pitt
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Pitt's offense wasn't working as effectively as its fans had hoped against Buffalo, but it was enough to impress Penn Hills wide receiver Corey Jones, who gave coach Todd Graham a verbal commitment after Saturday night's game.
"I like that new offense," he said. "It's a quick-hitter and fast."
Jones, 5-foot-9 and 165 pounds, said Graham made him feel at home.
"He showed me a lot of love (throughout the recruiting process)," he said. "None of those other schools showed me that kind of love."
Jones, rated a three-star recruit by Rivals.com, had offers from Cincinnati, Kansas, Kent State, Maryland, Miami, Toledo and West Virginia.
He is the 15th recruit from the Class of 2012 to commit to Pitt and the fifth from Western Pennsylvania, joining Allderdice lineman Tyrique Jarrett, Upper St. Clair linebacker Dakota Conwell, Clairton receiver Trenton Coles and Sto-Rox cornerback Marzett Geter
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Lenape students earn berth in national SkillsUSA competition
- Cole outduels Mets rookie, carries Pirates to victory
- Kittanning Municipal Authority seeks agreement to clarify its role
- Police boost efforts to aid child victims in Armstrong County
- Lowly job likely awaits former Pittsburgh police chief after prison
- Leader Times staffers recognized for journalism excellence by Press Club
- Saturday essay: Waltz of the robins
- Roundup: Jefferson Hospital hit by data thief; Toyota promises to help find cause of Takata airbag defects; more
- Pirates’ McCutchen laughs off pay stub leak
- Pirates notebook: Stewart, Cole develop rapport
- West Mifflin towing companies defend practices