Penn Hills receiver Corey Jones commits to Pitt
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Pitt's offense wasn't working as effectively as its fans had hoped against Buffalo, but it was enough to impress Penn Hills wide receiver Corey Jones, who gave coach Todd Graham a verbal commitment after Saturday night's game.
"I like that new offense," he said. "It's a quick-hitter and fast."
Jones, 5-foot-9 and 165 pounds, said Graham made him feel at home.
"He showed me a lot of love (throughout the recruiting process)," he said. "None of those other schools showed me that kind of love."
Jones, rated a three-star recruit by Rivals.com, had offers from Cincinnati, Kansas, Kent State, Maryland, Miami, Toledo and West Virginia.
He is the 15th recruit from the Class of 2012 to commit to Pitt and the fifth from Western Pennsylvania, joining Allderdice lineman Tyrique Jarrett, Upper St. Clair linebacker Dakota Conwell, Clairton receiver Trenton Coles and Sto-Rox cornerback Marzett Geter
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Allegheny County sues hotel over unpaid taxes
- Thousand-pound alligator caught in Alabama sets record
- Steelers wrap lackluster preseason with loss to Panthers
- Experimental Ebola drug heals all monkeys in study
- Preseason valuable for Steelers’ offensive line
- Jeannette traffic stop leads to drug charges
- NCAA refutes report of eased PSU sanctions
- Zimbabwe’s first lady enters politics amidst controversy
- Penguins confident Pouliot will be healthy, ready for camp
- ‘Victory’ for ARDC; Armstrong locks to open in 2015
- Pirates notebook: Barmes back, gets start at SS