Penn Hills receiver Corey Jones commits to Pitt
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Pitt's offense wasn't working as effectively as its fans had hoped against Buffalo, but it was enough to impress Penn Hills wide receiver Corey Jones, who gave coach Todd Graham a verbal commitment after Saturday night's game.
"I like that new offense," he said. "It's a quick-hitter and fast."
Jones, 5-foot-9 and 165 pounds, said Graham made him feel at home.
"He showed me a lot of love (throughout the recruiting process)," he said. "None of those other schools showed me that kind of love."
Jones, rated a three-star recruit by Rivals.com, had offers from Cincinnati, Kansas, Kent State, Maryland, Miami, Toledo and West Virginia.
He is the 15th recruit from the Class of 2012 to commit to Pitt and the fifth from Western Pennsylvania, joining Allderdice lineman Tyrique Jarrett, Upper St. Clair linebacker Dakota Conwell, Clairton receiver Trenton Coles and Sto-Rox cornerback Marzett Geter
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: What are Penguins, Pirates up to?
- Capitals dominate overmatched Penguins in win at Verizon Center
- Lapierre eager to make mark with Penguins
- Police stop car in Beltzhoover, find body in back seat
- UPMC, Highmark disagree over payment of medical claims for children
- Pennsylvania Gov. Wolf to sign order barring drilling of new oil, gas wells in state forests, parks
- Coal truck, another hauling beer crash on Route 22
- Dixon vows to fix Pitt’s long-distance dilemma
- IRS scam snares another Westmoreland County resident
- For Penguins coach Johnston, it’s a matter of substance over style
- Federal grand jury indicts man for violating poultry law while operating illegal slaughterhouse in his Jefferson Hills home