Penn Hills receiver Corey Jones commits to Pitt
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Pitt's offense wasn't working as effectively as its fans had hoped against Buffalo, but it was enough to impress Penn Hills wide receiver Corey Jones, who gave coach Todd Graham a verbal commitment after Saturday night's game.
"I like that new offense," he said. "It's a quick-hitter and fast."
Jones, 5-foot-9 and 165 pounds, said Graham made him feel at home.
"He showed me a lot of love (throughout the recruiting process)," he said. "None of those other schools showed me that kind of love."
Jones, rated a three-star recruit by Rivals.com, had offers from Cincinnati, Kansas, Kent State, Maryland, Miami, Toledo and West Virginia.
He is the 15th recruit from the Class of 2012 to commit to Pitt and the fifth from Western Pennsylvania, joining Allderdice lineman Tyrique Jarrett, Upper St. Clair linebacker Dakota Conwell, Clairton receiver Trenton Coles and Sto-Rox cornerback Marzett Geter
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Crosby, Malkin to miss start of Penguins camp
- Pittsburgh motorists get fewer parking tickets, pay more at meters
- Steelers defense a long way from ‘greatest of all time’
- ‘First-class’ hotel planned in Oakland
- Air Conditioning Contractors, Peoples partner on furnace cleanings for low-income residents
- Charges filed against man shot by police in Bell Township
- Number of jobs in high-tech industry outpace workers in Pittsburgh, nation
- Starkey: Two amazing Pirates fans
- Steelers remain confident in ground game
- Slain trooper eulogized as impeccable officer
- Video posted online captures Wilkinsburg child’s injuries