Penn Hills receiver Corey Jones commits to Pitt
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Pitt's offense wasn't working as effectively as its fans had hoped against Buffalo, but it was enough to impress Penn Hills wide receiver Corey Jones, who gave coach Todd Graham a verbal commitment after Saturday night's game.
"I like that new offense," he said. "It's a quick-hitter and fast."
Jones, 5-foot-9 and 165 pounds, said Graham made him feel at home.
"He showed me a lot of love (throughout the recruiting process)," he said. "None of those other schools showed me that kind of love."
Jones, rated a three-star recruit by Rivals.com, had offers from Cincinnati, Kansas, Kent State, Maryland, Miami, Toledo and West Virginia.
He is the 15th recruit from the Class of 2012 to commit to Pitt and the fifth from Western Pennsylvania, joining Allderdice lineman Tyrique Jarrett, Upper St. Clair linebacker Dakota Conwell, Clairton receiver Trenton Coles and Sto-Rox cornerback Marzett Geter
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Four issues Steelers need to tackle in September
- ‘Distraction’ trips are not in Penn State football team’s future
- Steelers bracing to face 2 quarterbacks vs. Browns
- 2nd American journalist beheaded as ISIS jihadist taunts, ‘I’m back, Obama’
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Pitt well-stocked along offensive line
- Smaller companies outperform multinationals on U.S. strength over eurozone
- Pirates notebook: Polanco says demotion to Indianapolis helped
- Pitt football notebook: Ohio offensive lineman verbally commits to Pitt
- IUP’s Lane seizes big opportunity
- Healthy Eating: Turn your zucchini into no-fry fries