Penn Hills receiver Corey Jones commits to Pitt
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Pitt's offense wasn't working as effectively as its fans had hoped against Buffalo, but it was enough to impress Penn Hills wide receiver Corey Jones, who gave coach Todd Graham a verbal commitment after Saturday night's game.
"I like that new offense," he said. "It's a quick-hitter and fast."
Jones, 5-foot-9 and 165 pounds, said Graham made him feel at home.
"He showed me a lot of love (throughout the recruiting process)," he said. "None of those other schools showed me that kind of love."
Jones, rated a three-star recruit by Rivals.com, had offers from Cincinnati, Kansas, Kent State, Maryland, Miami, Toledo and West Virginia.
He is the 15th recruit from the Class of 2012 to commit to Pitt and the fifth from Western Pennsylvania, joining Allderdice lineman Tyrique Jarrett, Upper St. Clair linebacker Dakota Conwell, Clairton receiver Trenton Coles and Sto-Rox cornerback Marzett Geter
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers running back eager to prove he can help bridge gap to Bell
- Cole struggles as Brewers continue Miller mastery over Pirates
- Steelers trying to get missing defensive pieces on field
- Study shows Ligonier Borough might save if police consolidate
- In reworking contract, Steelers WR Brown gets hefty pay raise
- Allegheny County CYF worker arrest on child pornography charges
- Pope Francis calls for abortion mercy
- Food assistance rises in Western Pa. despite drop in jobless rate
- Western Pa. played role, was transformed by victory in World War II
- Rostraver man pleads guilty in 2012 deadly wreck on I-70
- Pittsburgh schools scramble for money amid Pa. budget impasse