Robert Morris adds another basketball recruit
College Football Videos
Sometimes, basketball teams need a little luck to win games.
The Robert Morris men's basketball program went a step beyond that when coach Andrew Toole announced that Lucious "Lucky" Jones signed Wednesday.
Jones, a 6-foot-5 swingman, becomes the sixth player signed to the 2011-12 recruiting class.
Jones helped St. Anthony in Newark, N.J., to a 33-0 record and the 2011 USA Today national championship. He averaged 10.4 points and 6.3 rebounds per game. He was the third leading scorer on the team behind Rutgers recruit Myles Mack and Kyle Anderson, the No. 1 recruit in the Class of 2012.
"Lucky brings added toughness and a good skill set to our roster of the 2011-12 season," Toole said. "He also fits our style of play perfectly. He brings a winning attitude to the program and will only help strengthen our rotation. I expect that he'll compete immediately for play time."
He joins sophomore transfer Mike McFadden (Iona/Newark, N.J.) and freshmen David Appolon (Imhotep Charter/Philadelphia), Brandon Herman (Charis Prep/Chattanooga, Tenn.), Keith Armstrong (Fishburne Military Academy/Raleigh. N.C.) and Darren Washington (Gabriel Richards/Belleville, Mich.).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Trojans, Centurions battle for Class A crown
- Kiski Area to play football at Davis Field this season
- Tesla home battery at $7K, partnered with rooftop solar system, may help reduce power bills
- ‘Voice of Pittsburgh’ was proud of Mon Valley roots
- With space to spare, Pittsburgh International draws corporate jet carrier
- Pirates pitcher Morton turns in solid performance in win over Marlins
- Steel Valley softball gets 3rd try at Seton-La Salle
- Bus plans include RIDC Park in O’Hara
- Highlands board votes to allow ads on website
- Alle-Kiski Valley parades with pride on Memorial Day
- Cops: Man shoots 11-year-old with BB gun in McKeesport; boy critical