Robert Morris adds another basketball recruit
College Football Videos
Sometimes, basketball teams need a little luck to win games.
The Robert Morris men's basketball program went a step beyond that when coach Andrew Toole announced that Lucious "Lucky" Jones signed Wednesday.
Jones, a 6-foot-5 swingman, becomes the sixth player signed to the 2011-12 recruiting class.
Jones helped St. Anthony in Newark, N.J., to a 33-0 record and the 2011 USA Today national championship. He averaged 10.4 points and 6.3 rebounds per game. He was the third leading scorer on the team behind Rutgers recruit Myles Mack and Kyle Anderson, the No. 1 recruit in the Class of 2012.
"Lucky brings added toughness and a good skill set to our roster of the 2011-12 season," Toole said. "He also fits our style of play perfectly. He brings a winning attitude to the program and will only help strengthen our rotation. I expect that he'll compete immediately for play time."
He joins sophomore transfer Mike McFadden (Iona/Newark, N.J.) and freshmen David Appolon (Imhotep Charter/Philadelphia), Brandon Herman (Charis Prep/Chattanooga, Tenn.), Keith Armstrong (Fishburne Military Academy/Raleigh. N.C.) and Darren Washington (Gabriel Richards/Belleville, Mich.).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 2 dead, including student gunman, after Wash. school shooting
- Pirates to end spring in Philadelphia again, sign Stinson to minor league deal
- Wilkinsburg couple arrested after baby girl dies following beating
- Ferrante trial: Cyanide order form in plain sight
- Predators winger Neal caught ‘blindsided’ by trade from Penguins
- PennDOT warns of delays next week on Butler Street near Highland Park Bridge
- State’s ‘public-private’ transportation deal will replace 53 bridges in Allegheny County
- Authorities: Remains belong to missing Va. student
- Howard Hanna family donates $1M for business student scholarships at University of Pittsburgh
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans