Robert Morris adds another basketball recruit
College Football Videos
Sometimes, basketball teams need a little luck to win games.
The Robert Morris men's basketball program went a step beyond that when coach Andrew Toole announced that Lucious "Lucky" Jones signed Wednesday.
Jones, a 6-foot-5 swingman, becomes the sixth player signed to the 2011-12 recruiting class.
Jones helped St. Anthony in Newark, N.J., to a 33-0 record and the 2011 USA Today national championship. He averaged 10.4 points and 6.3 rebounds per game. He was the third leading scorer on the team behind Rutgers recruit Myles Mack and Kyle Anderson, the No. 1 recruit in the Class of 2012.
"Lucky brings added toughness and a good skill set to our roster of the 2011-12 season," Toole said. "He also fits our style of play perfectly. He brings a winning attitude to the program and will only help strengthen our rotation. I expect that he'll compete immediately for play time."
He joins sophomore transfer Mike McFadden (Iona/Newark, N.J.) and freshmen David Appolon (Imhotep Charter/Philadelphia), Brandon Herman (Charis Prep/Chattanooga, Tenn.), Keith Armstrong (Fishburne Military Academy/Raleigh. N.C.) and Darren Washington (Gabriel Richards/Belleville, Mich.).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Trueman sparks North Allegheny’s 14-0 victory over Seneca Valley
- High school roundup: Greensburg Salem shocks Gateway in opener
- Fumbling foreign policy
- Murray runs wild in Steel Valley victory
- Jeannette rips Riverview in Class A debut
- Thomas Jefferson runs past Ringgold
- Penn Hills takes advantage of turnovers, routs Upper St. Clair
- Corbett team rails at pollster
- Pevarnik’s scoring binge leads GCC to 15-12 victory over Monessen
- Unidentified body found in Stowe
- Harrison shines again as Pirates clip Reds, 2-1