Pitt coach Todd Graham's take
College Football Videos
Pitt coach Todd Graham weighs in on his team's game this week against West Virginia:
Is it a challenge going up against another no-huddle team, such as West Virginia?
"The no-huddle is something we are used to. There's a reason why we run it; we think it's pretty effective. So, obviously, that is a challenge. But I think the bigger challenge is how talented (WVU quarterback Geno Smith) is as a passer. Geno has a tremendous rapport with his receivers, especially (Stedman) Bailey and (Tavon) Austin. He knows where they are going to be, and they have a great timing among each other. They are two of the better receivers in the country. The thing we have to do is try to keep them off-balance and try to impact the quarterback without giving up cheap, big plays."
Is there familiarity (between Pitt and West Virginia) after having competed against coach Dana Holgorsen while you were at Tulsa and he was at Houston and Oklahoma State?
"I think there is familiarity on both sides of the ball. I can tell you that he is very adaptive as we are. If you look at what he's doing, it's not exactly what he did at Oklahoma State or at Houston, and what he did at Oklahoma State is different than what he did at Houston. But the core principles of the scheme stay the same."
Is quarterback Tino Sunseri coming off a game (the victory over Louisville) where he was at his most decisive?
"I think so. He really did a good job, making good decisions. He took care of the football, 100 percent ball security from his standpoint. There is no substitute for experience in this system, and I think he's playing his best football right now. With their defense and how they can attack and how they can run, it's going to be very important that he just manages the game. Don't put the ball in jeopardy."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Roundup: Citizens bank parent says 6-month profit doubles; Former Heinz CEO leaving EDMC board; more
- Plug-in Accord makes gas station visits rare
- Rockies’ 7-run 7th-inning dooms Pirates in 8-1 loss
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell to miss beginning of training camp
- Rossi: Roethlisberger staging big comeback
- After year off, Steelers’ Pouncey ‘ready to go’
- Steelers won’t negotiate Roethlisberger extension until after season
- Car dealers find silver lining in cloud of vehicle recalls
- Elizabeth Township fire displaces family
- Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board suspends in-store tastings
- Sellew: NFL, Goodell let Rice off easy