Penn State offers scholarship to Pitt QB recruit Voytik
Pitt quarterback recruit Chad Voytik's father said today his son received a scholarship offer from Penn State coach Bill O'Brien, but he remains committed to the Panthers.
"He thanked him for calling, but he wants to go to Pitt," Gary Voytik said. "O'Brien said he looked at some of his tapes and wanted to offer him, but Chad remains committed to Pitt."
Gary Voytik said Chad wants to make a visit to Pitt before signing day Feb. 1, but those plans have not been finalized.
Voytik, a senior at Cleveland (Tenn.) High School, played in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl earlier this month.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ prime-time games shrink attendance at Heinz Field
- Arrest made in June homicide in Hill District
- Daley to face Cook in 49th District
- Pet therapy program a success at Chartiers Valley school
- Analyst outlines Klein’s supplements, prescriptions
- Woman’s body found in Adams home
- Ramps reopen from East Ohio and Heinz streets to northbound Route 28
- Starkey: Hockey hypocrites, unite
- City Theatre hires James McNeel as new managing director
- Port Authority plans to replace deteriorated McKeesport hub
- Kiski Valley-based ring charged with hundreds of thefts over 10 communities