Penn State offers scholarship to Pitt QB recruit Voytik
Pitt quarterback recruit Chad Voytik's father said today his son received a scholarship offer from Penn State coach Bill O'Brien, but he remains committed to the Panthers.
"He thanked him for calling, but he wants to go to Pitt," Gary Voytik said. "O'Brien said he looked at some of his tapes and wanted to offer him, but Chad remains committed to Pitt."
Gary Voytik said Chad wants to make a visit to Pitt before signing day Feb. 1, but those plans have not been finalized.
Voytik, a senior at Cleveland (Tenn.) High School, played in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl earlier this month.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Plum students protest orders to keep mum about sex cases
- Coach Johnston trying to figure out why Penguins ‘fell off a cliff’
- Injured Penguins optimistic about returning next season
- Crosby, Malkin want to remain in Pittsburgh
- Pirates notebook: Wainwright injury doesn’t sway Hurdle on DH
- Behind starter Liriano, Pirates complete sweep of Diamondbacks
- Washington’s Shelton grows into big role, looks forward to draft
- McKees Rocks council president arrested after SWAT standoff
- Counselors available at Hempfield after crash kills student
- Oak Ridge couple transforms 1820 house into quaint bed and breakfast
- Forbes Avenue jeweler’s embedded sidewalk sign safely slides out to make way for Pittsburgh Playhouse project