Penn State offers scholarship to Pitt QB recruit Voytik
Pitt quarterback recruit Chad Voytik's father said today his son received a scholarship offer from Penn State coach Bill O'Brien, but he remains committed to the Panthers.
"He thanked him for calling, but he wants to go to Pitt," Gary Voytik said. "O'Brien said he looked at some of his tapes and wanted to offer him, but Chad remains committed to Pitt."
Gary Voytik said Chad wants to make a visit to Pitt before signing day Feb. 1, but those plans have not been finalized.
Voytik, a senior at Cleveland (Tenn.) High School, played in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl earlier this month.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- NuMine man survives crash into icy river
- Penguins’ Fleury surrenders 7 goals in 1 period of NHL All-Star Game loss
- Legislators receive committee assignments
- LaBar: Like it or not, Reigns is rising with Royal Rumble win
- Energy companies vie for experienced workers with skills in high demand
- Study of vets supports PB pills, genetic variations linked to Gulf War illness
- One of two killed in Marine chopper crash was from Indiana, Pa.
- Bloomfield bookstore owner bucks naysayers
- Pitt coach Narduzzi adds N.J. linebacker recruit
- Pitt suffers loss at home in first ACC meeting against Louisville