Penn State offers scholarship to Pitt QB recruit Voytik
Pitt quarterback recruit Chad Voytik's father said today his son received a scholarship offer from Penn State coach Bill O'Brien, but he remains committed to the Panthers.
"He thanked him for calling, but he wants to go to Pitt," Gary Voytik said. "O'Brien said he looked at some of his tapes and wanted to offer him, but Chad remains committed to Pitt."
Gary Voytik said Chad wants to make a visit to Pitt before signing day Feb. 1, but those plans have not been finalized.
Voytik, a senior at Cleveland (Tenn.) High School, played in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl earlier this month.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Troopers shoot person inside Somerset grocery store
- New Kensington Megan’s Law offender jailed on new child porn charges
- Westmoreland used car dealers indicted in fraud
- Allegheny County inmate dies at hospital
- Steelers offensive line targeting injury-free performance as key
- Authority, municipal officials envision reinvigorated Allegheny County Airport
- Police confiscate heroin, phones, cash in North Versailles bust
- Struggling Pirates SS Mercer finding himself out on infield’s left side
- Murray Energy expects to lay off as many as 1,800 more
- Starkey: Patriots’ legacy forever stained
- Natrona Heights native helped bring ‘American Ninja Warrior’ to Pittsburgh