Penn State offers scholarship to Pitt QB recruit Voytik
Pitt quarterback recruit Chad Voytik's father said today his son received a scholarship offer from Penn State coach Bill O'Brien, but he remains committed to the Panthers.
"He thanked him for calling, but he wants to go to Pitt," Gary Voytik said. "O'Brien said he looked at some of his tapes and wanted to offer him, but Chad remains committed to Pitt."
Gary Voytik said Chad wants to make a visit to Pitt before signing day Feb. 1, but those plans have not been finalized.
Voytik, a senior at Cleveland (Tenn.) High School, played in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl earlier this month.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Boyce Park to open ski season Friday
- Defying the odds makes this Thanksgiving particularly poignant
- ‘Pelican Dreams’ strikes gold with big birds
- Food drive volunteer in Westmoreland County has purse stolen
- Turkey Trot runners turn out to burn calories despite chilly Pittsburgh temps
- Hot Ticket: ‘An Ozark Country Christmas’ dinner and show
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Starkey: Rutherford will add when timing’s right
- PIT wants non-passengers allowed past security to shop
- Firefighters extinguish fire that damages 6 cabs at Yellow Cab Co.