Penn State offers scholarship to Pitt QB recruit Voytik
Pitt quarterback recruit Chad Voytik's father said today his son received a scholarship offer from Penn State coach Bill O'Brien, but he remains committed to the Panthers.
"He thanked him for calling, but he wants to go to Pitt," Gary Voytik said. "O'Brien said he looked at some of his tapes and wanted to offer him, but Chad remains committed to Pitt."
Gary Voytik said Chad wants to make a visit to Pitt before signing day Feb. 1, but those plans have not been finalized.
Voytik, a senior at Cleveland (Tenn.) High School, played in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl earlier this month.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unsung backups provide boost for Steelers defensive line
- Penguins lose hard-fought game to Blue Jackets in overtime
- Run game needed for balance vs. Seahawks
- Former Pirates pitcher Happ agrees to $36 million, 3-year deal with Blue Jays
- Contractor eyes early finish to work on New Stanton interchange of Interstate 70
- Penguins notebook: Players prepared for tough schedule in minors
- Black Friday chaos dwindles thanks to earlier deals, online sales
- Clairton among greatest WPIAL dynasties; Aliquippa, South Fayette close
- Gilbert, son of ex-Pitt football standout, commits to Panthers
- Jeannette trudges through blight
- Pitt falls flat in finale loss to Miami