Penn State offers scholarship to Pitt QB recruit Voytik
Pitt quarterback recruit Chad Voytik's father said today his son received a scholarship offer from Penn State coach Bill O'Brien, but he remains committed to the Panthers.
"He thanked him for calling, but he wants to go to Pitt," Gary Voytik said. "O'Brien said he looked at some of his tapes and wanted to offer him, but Chad remains committed to Pitt."
Gary Voytik said Chad wants to make a visit to Pitt before signing day Feb. 1, but those plans have not been finalized.
Voytik, a senior at Cleveland (Tenn.) High School, played in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl earlier this month.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Shale drilling boom a bust for some Western Pennsylvania towns
- Rossi: Fitting in will be Kang’s biggest hurdle
- Power play shines in Penguins’ home victory over Blue Jackets
- Sales, income taxes increases expected in Gov. Tom Wolf’s budget
- Pirates starting pitcher Worley is in right place, right time with team
- Penguins notebook: Pouliot dazzles in victory over Blue Jackets
- Duquesne University football player died by suicide
- Pitt’s NCAA Tournament hopes take a hit with loss to Wake Forest
- LaBar: Is Brock Lesnar leaving WWE again?
- Passion for speed fuels Ligonier man’s slippery dash in winter rally
- Icy roads causing multiple accidents Sunday evening