Pitt guard Woodall earns national honor
Pitt junior guard Tray Woodall was named the Oscar Robertson National Player of the Week on Tuesday.
Woodall averaged 26.5 points, 5.0 rebounds and 4.0 assists in wins over West Virginia and Villanova last week.
As the Big East Player of the Week, Woodall was nominated for the award, which is chosen by a representative of the U.S. Basketball Writers Association board of directors from a list of Division I conference players of the week.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Swissvale police free suspect because officers weren’t available to take him to jail
- Penguins: Crosby’s right wrist may need surgery
- Pirates notebook: Marte placed on bereavement leave
- Body of missing Washington County man found in field near his home
- Two top corporations move HQs to Pittsburgh’s “dynamic marketplace”
- WPIAL denies eligibility for 2
- MLB notebook: Dodgers found partly responsible in fan beating
- Pitt women’s top recruit Gibson of Seton-La Salle headed to junior college
- Millvale Diner offers simple, tasty options
- Art Review: ‘The Art Institute of Pittsburgh Alumni & Student Show’
- Allegheny County program to help police reunite lost pets, owners