Pitt guard Woodall earns national honor
College Football Videos
Pitt junior guard Tray Woodall was named the Oscar Robertson National Player of the Week on Tuesday.
Woodall averaged 26.5 points, 5.0 rebounds and 4.0 assists in wins over West Virginia and Villanova last week.
As the Big East Player of the Week, Woodall was nominated for the award, which is chosen by a representative of the U.S. Basketball Writers Association board of directors from a list of Division I conference players of the week.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Steelers’ tarnished Bell rings true
- Pirates win 5th straight as offense continues to click in win over Marlins
- Vandals ruin Ligonier Township farmers’ garden
- Arrest made in 2014 case of Blawnox man found dead in Oakland
- Pirates notebook: Struggling Polanco held out of starting lineup
- Tomlin gives suggestion Steelers won’t be shy about going for 2
- UPMC offering buyouts to 3,500 employees in cost-cutting move
- Steelers’ Brown: Attendance ‘never a doubt’ for offseason workouts
- Steelers notebook: LB Harrison open for larger role
- Plum schools, dealing with sex scandal, to form panel in June
- Ligonier Township K-9 officer home to recover from deadly collision