Pitt guard Woodall earns national honor
College Football Videos
Pitt junior guard Tray Woodall was named the Oscar Robertson National Player of the Week on Tuesday.
Woodall averaged 26.5 points, 5.0 rebounds and 4.0 assists in wins over West Virginia and Villanova last week.
As the Big East Player of the Week, Woodall was nominated for the award, which is chosen by a representative of the U.S. Basketball Writers Association board of directors from a list of Division I conference players of the week.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates show depth in earning victory over Rockies; Polanco has big night
- Despite being suspended, Boyd still making contributions for Pitt
- Healthy, confident Steelers LB Shazier ready for full speed ahead
- ‘Action’ against AG Kane sent to Supreme Court, sources say
- Timing drives former KHL star Plotnikov
- Charleroi looking to turn the corner
- County police officer on leave after assault charges filed
- LaBar: The upgrade of The Wyatt Family in WWE
- WVU sophomore linebacker Preston draws heavy praise
- Historic WWII-era landing ship tank docking at Heinz Field
- Moon-area pediatrician found in country club lake died of natural causes