Pitt senior guard awarded sixth year of eligibility
College Football Videos
Pitt senior guard Chris Jacobson will return to the team next season after the?NCAA?awarded him a sixth year of eligibility, athletic director Steve Pederson said.
Jacobson suffered a season-ending injury to his left knee last?year against Iowa in the third game of the season. It was the second season-ending knee injury of his career for Jacobson, who also missed his freshman year in 2007.
Jacobson, a?graduate of Keystone Oaks High School, started all 13 games in 2010 and the first three in 2011 at left guard.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Michigan State defensive coordinator a Pitt coaching candidate
- Penguins’ defensive depth proves valuable
- Pitt: Football coach hire comes 1st, athletic director 2nd
- Pirates sign Corey Hart to 1-year deal
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
- Hotel building boom sweeps Pittsburgh region
- Giant Eagle Inc. appears to have settled ‘fuelperks!’ lawsuit
- 5 plead guilty to charges of luring, beating man at Harrison gas station
- Port Authority fires two bus drivers involved in rollover crash