Pitt senior guard awarded sixth year of eligibility
College Football Videos
Pitt senior guard Chris Jacobson will return to the team next season after the?NCAA?awarded him a sixth year of eligibility, athletic director Steve Pederson said.
Jacobson suffered a season-ending injury to his left knee last?year against Iowa in the third game of the season. It was the second season-ending knee injury of his career for Jacobson, who also missed his freshman year in 2007.
Jacobson, a?graduate of Keystone Oaks High School, started all 13 games in 2010 and the first three in 2011 at left guard.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unsung backups provide boost for Steelers defensive line
- Penguins lose hard-fought game to Blue Jackets in overtime
- Former Pirates pitcher Happ agrees to $36 million, 3-year deal with Blue Jays
- Starkey: Flashback Friday for Pitt
- Puppy, pals come to rescue of Lower Burrell firefighters
- Body found in Allegheny River in Harrison
- Pitt falls flat in finale loss to Miami
- Gilbert, son of ex-Pitt football standout, commits to Panthers
- Clairton among greatest WPIAL dynasties; Aliquippa, South Fayette close
- Unabashed church pastors put politics front and center
- Contractor eyes early finish to work on New Stanton interchange of Interstate 70