Saint Louis coach Majerus taken to Pittsburgh hospital
College Football Videos
Saint Louis men's basketball coach Rick Majerus was taken to a Pittsburgh hospital today for precautionary reasons after taking the wrong medication, the university said in a statement.
Majerus, 64, who has had health problems in the past, missed his team's noon Atlantic 10 game against Duquesne at Palumbo Center. According to the school, Majerus traveled with his team to the arena, but doctors "suggested he be sent to the hospital for further evaluation."
Saint Louis (23-6) entered today's game second in the A-10 and likely headed for the NCAA Tournament.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Coca-Cola shaves incentives for executives
- Giants, Bumgarner shut out Pirates in wild-card game
- Rossi: Pirates can’t waste McCutchen’s prime
- East Huntingdon man dies following police chase
- Port Vue upgrades office equipment
- Consol Energy cutting retiree health benefits, phasing out pension
- Highmark to increase premiums, limit access to health care in new plans
- Former Steelers doctor loses bid for Miranda protection
- Pirates’ Martin calls crowd chant ‘petty special’
- Steelers pressing to create opportunities to get to quarterback
- DVD reviews: ‘Chef,’ ‘Transformers: Age of Extinction’ and ‘Cold in July’