Saint Louis coach Majerus taken to Pittsburgh hospital
College Football Videos
Saint Louis men's basketball coach Rick Majerus was taken to a Pittsburgh hospital today for precautionary reasons after taking the wrong medication, the university said in a statement.
Majerus, 64, who has had health problems in the past, missed his team's noon Atlantic 10 game against Duquesne at Palumbo Center. According to the school, Majerus traveled with his team to the arena, but doctors "suggested he be sent to the hospital for further evaluation."
Saint Louis (23-6) entered today's game second in the A-10 and likely headed for the NCAA Tournament.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates set wild-card game lineup; Rodriguez gets start at first base
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Former employee at Plum home-building firm charged with embezzling nearly $200K
- Sky’s not the limit: Pirate Parrot takes trip into Earth’s atmosphere
- House defeats governor’s tax plan
- Trafford mayor resigns, councilman gives up presidency
- WVU All-American Joeseph out for season with knee injury
- Rossi: Time for Pirates to take next step
- New Florence assistant fire chief charged with having sex with juvenile
- WPIAL hands out suspensions for Wilkinsburg-Monessen fight
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not worried about Jones’ lack of sacks