Saint Louis coach Majerus taken to Pittsburgh hospital
College Football Videos
Saint Louis men's basketball coach Rick Majerus was taken to a Pittsburgh hospital today for precautionary reasons after taking the wrong medication, the university said in a statement.
Majerus, 64, who has had health problems in the past, missed his team's noon Atlantic 10 game against Duquesne at Palumbo Center. According to the school, Majerus traveled with his team to the arena, but doctors "suggested he be sent to the hospital for further evaluation."
Saint Louis (23-6) entered today's game second in the A-10 and likely headed for the NCAA Tournament.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man dies in jump from Route 130 overpass onto passing tractor-trailer in Hempfield
- McKeesport property deemed ripe for development
- Starkey: Penguins’ season impressive so far
- Clairton police present interactive seminar on use of force
- Damaged Marina at McKees Point still slated to open in May
- Penguins a love affair for Evancho sisters
- Kittanning shelter creating calm haven for interviewing young victims
- Don’t think of ‘fake news’ as a modern invention
- Pitt football team working to fatten up QB sack total on defense
- Pennsylvania religious freedom law does not extend to for-profits
- Police investigate pair of fatal rush hour incidents in Shaler, Marshall