Saint Louis coach Majerus taken to Pittsburgh hospital
College Football Videos
Saint Louis men's basketball coach Rick Majerus was taken to a Pittsburgh hospital today for precautionary reasons after taking the wrong medication, the university said in a statement.
Majerus, 64, who has had health problems in the past, missed his team's noon Atlantic 10 game against Duquesne at Palumbo Center. According to the school, Majerus traveled with his team to the arena, but doctors "suggested he be sent to the hospital for further evaluation."
Saint Louis (23-6) entered today's game second in the A-10 and likely headed for the NCAA Tournament.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Big plays cost Steelers defense in 43-19 preseason loss at Bills
- Walk-off single moves Pennsylvania team into LLWS title game
- Strong-armed outfielder Garcia growing into all-around threat
- Shale gas violations down as DEP steps up inspections
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle’s faith in Polanco pays off
- Shaler man’s effort restores glory to flag display at Millvale post office
- MLB notebook: Dodgers voice Scully set to end 67-year run in 2016
- Architecture: Pittsburgh history in 10 houses
- Shaler man charged with homicide, abuse of corpse in McKeesport woman’s death
- Man arrested in deputy’s ambush
- Beirut protests grow as summer garbage crisis lingers