Saint Louis coach Majerus taken to Pittsburgh hospital
College Football Videos
Saint Louis men's basketball coach Rick Majerus was taken to a Pittsburgh hospital today for precautionary reasons after taking the wrong medication, the university said in a statement.
Majerus, 64, who has had health problems in the past, missed his team's noon Atlantic 10 game against Duquesne at Palumbo Center. According to the school, Majerus traveled with his team to the arena, but doctors "suggested he be sent to the hospital for further evaluation."
Saint Louis (23-6) entered today's game second in the A-10 and likely headed for the NCAA Tournament.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Trac Fabrication all-terrain wheelchairs open world for disabled
- Pittsburgh hires consultant, former Wisconsin police captain as chief
- Retail theft suspect takes off, leaves baby at Rostraver Township Walmart
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Bethel Park mortgage broker pleads guilty
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- More pipelines proposed to carry Marcellus gas to southeast markets
- Tomlin: Steelers preparing to face both Browns QBs
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Tuesday- Sept. 2, 2014
- Parking Authority settles suit over kiosks