Saint Louis coach Majerus taken to Pittsburgh hospital
College Football Videos
Saint Louis men's basketball coach Rick Majerus was taken to a Pittsburgh hospital today for precautionary reasons after taking the wrong medication, the university said in a statement.
Majerus, 64, who has had health problems in the past, missed his team's noon Atlantic 10 game against Duquesne at Palumbo Center. According to the school, Majerus traveled with his team to the arena, but doctors "suggested he be sent to the hospital for further evaluation."
Saint Louis (23-6) entered today's game second in the A-10 and likely headed for the NCAA Tournament.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Script is it: Classic Pitt helmet design to return
- Penn Avenue site tops group’s preservation list
- 2 dead, including student gunman, after Wash. school shooting
- Washington city takes stock of damage from rare tornado
- ‘Rocky Horror’ takes center stage at Regent Square, Greensburg venues
- Doll, miniature collectors appreciate small details at Westmoreland show
- 1686 shipwreck ‘like dinosaur’ being rebuilt for museum
- AMC has found gold with ‘The Walking Dead’
- Predators winger Neal caught ‘blindsided’ by trade from Penguins
- Westmoreland Symphony conductor to lead ‘Young Person’s Guide’
- Stocks rise broadly on earnings; Amazon sinks