Saint Louis coach Majerus taken to Pittsburgh hospital
College Football Videos
Saint Louis men's basketball coach Rick Majerus was taken to a Pittsburgh hospital today for precautionary reasons after taking the wrong medication, the university said in a statement.
Majerus, 64, who has had health problems in the past, missed his team's noon Atlantic 10 game against Duquesne at Palumbo Center. According to the school, Majerus traveled with his team to the arena, but doctors "suggested he be sent to the hospital for further evaluation."
Saint Louis (23-6) entered today's game second in the A-10 and likely headed for the NCAA Tournament.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Federal appeals court appears divided on Obama’s immigrant deportation shield
- Golf outing bolsters cancer patient fund at Kittanning hospital
- Penguins pushing to sell playoff tickets
- Armstrong’s roads less-traveled get funding for drainage improvements
- Groups looking to stage Day of Prayer at new school in Manor
- Marte’s bat, Worley’s arm show improvement in Pirates win
- Armstrong gets fourth officer trained to spot drugged drivers
- Butler County new home sales surge in 2014
- Leader Times roundup: Kittanning takes down West Shamokin
- Arnold family back home after gas leak
- Penguins stars Crosby, Malkin enduring playoff slump