Former Pitt QB Bill Stull is returning to Power
College Football Videos
Former Pitt quarterback Bill Stull is returning to the Pittsburgh Power.
Power owner Matt Shaner said the Arena Football League team has signed Stull to a contract, and he will be introduced at a news conference Monday.
"He has to clear the league (transaction process)," Shaner said. "But I don't expect anything to stop him (from joining the team)."
Stull, who had no comment when reached Saturday, joined the Power last year, but he decided not to play at the start of this season while finishing up his communications degree at the University of Pittsburgh.
But Stull agreed to return with only five weeks remaining in Pitt's semester, and he may be available for the home opener Friday at Consol Energy Center against the Philadelphia Soul.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Shaler man charged with homicide, abuse of corpse in McKeesport woman’s death
- Historic WWII-era landing ship tank docking at Heinz Field
- Healthy, confident Steelers LB Shazier ready for full speed ahead
- Pirates show depth in earning victory over Rockies; Polanco has big night
- Timing drives former KHL star Plotnikov
- Deputy fatally shot from behind at Houston gas station
- Cops nab 4 in Monessen drug hangout
- Despite being suspended, Boyd still making contributions for Pitt
- Pirates notebook: Catcher Cervelli among ejection leaders
- ATI picket injured at Harrison mill
- Civil War vet gets 21-gun salute