Former Pitt QB Bill Stull is returning to Power
College Football Videos
Former Pitt quarterback Bill Stull is returning to the Pittsburgh Power.
Power owner Matt Shaner said the Arena Football League team has signed Stull to a contract, and he will be introduced at a news conference Monday.
"He has to clear the league (transaction process)," Shaner said. "But I don't expect anything to stop him (from joining the team)."
Stull, who had no comment when reached Saturday, joined the Power last year, but he decided not to play at the start of this season while finishing up his communications degree at the University of Pittsburgh.
But Stull agreed to return with only five weeks remaining in Pitt's semester, and he may be available for the home opener Friday at Consol Energy Center against the Philadelphia Soul.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Flyers continue mastery of Penguins at Consol
- Officials identify witness to Port Authority bus crash after releasing photo
- Starkey: Century mark beckons for Ben
- Consumer, core prices inch up
- Corbett rips Wolf tax proposals during Hempfield campaign stop
- Wanted sex offender caught hiding in homemade fort in Washington County
- Commuters in ‘transit deserts’ call for renewed Port Authority bus service
- Highmark seeks double-digit increase for more benefits, heavy use
- Canadians more fearful, aware after ‘very rare’ attack in Ottawa
- Pitt offense eyes healthy balance
- Motorist in Downtown mishap, passenger arrested on drug charges