• Big East presidents agreed on a policy that would bar Connecticut from next season's conference tournament because the Huskies haven't qualified academically for the 2013 NCAA Tournament. Spokesman John Paquette confirmed Friday that Big East presidents agreed to the concept during a meeting March 7 in New York. He said the policy would bar any team in any sport from a conference tournament or championship if they are ineligible for the NCAA postseason. UConn faces a ban from the 2013 NCAA Tournament because it has failed to meet the NCAA's academic standards from 2009-2011. The school is seeking a waiver from the ban, citing recent academic improvements.
• Arkansas freshman guard BJ Young is exploring whether to enter the NBA Draft. Razorbacks coach Mike Anderson said Young hasn't hired an agent. Young led the Razorbacks and all SEC freshmen this season by averaging 15.3 points.
• Purdue star Robbie Hummel won the Lowe's Senior CLASS Award, beating out nine other seniors, including Ohio State guard William Buford. The award is given to the player who demonstrates excellence in the community, on the court, in the classroom and whose character makes a positive impact on those around them. Pitt's Ashton Gibbs was one of the finalists. The award is voted on by Division I coaches, national media and fans.
• Nebraska paid the $350,000 new coach Tim Miles owed Colorado State for breaking his contract with the Rams. Miles had signed a three-year contract extension with the Rams last spring; Nebraska hired him last week. -- AP
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.