Moon, Jeannette win PIAA playoff games
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Moon's boys basketball team gained revenge in a big way today, defeating Central Catholic, 61-41, in a PIAA Class AAAA quarterfinal game at North Allegheny.
Brian Walsh scored 30 points for Moon, which held only a 34-29 lead after three quarters.
The game was a rematch of the WPIAL championship game, won by Central Catholic, 55-54 on Feb. 22.
Jeannette's boys basketball team rolled into the PIAA Class AA semifinals, with an 86-60 victory against North Catholic in the quarterfinals today at Hempfield.
Terrelle Pryor and Shaw Sunder each scored 21 points and Jordan Hall added 19 for Jeannette.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Woodland Hills’ plan starts to come together
- Starkey: Tomlin lived in his fears
- Increasing player salaries pinch financial flexibility of Pirates
- Founder of Z&M Cycle Sales in Hempfield killed in Florida motorcycle crash
- Film session: Long shots dotted Steelers’ passing game
- Penguins’ reshuffled top line of Crosby, Dupuis, Kunitz looks familiar
- Regoli won’t seek recount in Westmoreland County judge election
- The climate agenda: The nuts meet
- Steelers notebook: Bryant confident in backup Jones if Big Ben can’t play
- McKeesport police officer hurt in fall through attic floor
- Fabregas: To pay or not to pay: Hospital’s bill for procedure or insurer’s rate?